Chapter 15

Authors note:
Just a filler for all of y'all.

I woke up in my bed and on instinct, I patted the bed looking for Jake. I found the bed empty and stood up. I found Jake in the kitchen making pancakes.

"Hi." I spoke.

He beamed at me, "Hi there." he said leaning on the counter watching me, "how was your sleep?"

"It was okay." I looked at him, trying to read if he looked tired or refreshed. He didn't look too tired but not totally refreshed either.

"When did you wake up?" I asked him.

"Two hours ago." It was 6am right now that means he has been awake since three and we went to bed around one. That means that he only got two to three hours of sleep. I frowned looking down at the counter. That wasn't enough.

"Hey," he tapped under my chin. I looked up at him and he smiled sweetly at me whispering, "Sweetheart do you know this is the longest I have slept in a very long time?"

"It is?"

He nodded and leaned down to kiss my forehead, "and it's all thanks to you, you know?"

I tried to swallow the blush that was emerging on my face, it didn't work. Instead I opted to push him away. "I didn't do anything." I said breathily. My face bright red.

"Yes you did." He looks me in the eyes, "You calm me. You make me feel normal Jenny. Thank you for that ." I couldn't help but smile at that.

"You make me feel normal too." I said. He smiled, kissing my forehead again.

"Also that soup you made was delicious. You're getting better at the whole cooking thing." He smiled teasingly, looking down at my lips for a second before looking up at my eyes.

"I'm glad you liked it."

"I have to go Jenny. My brother is waiting for me."

"Okay." I breathed. "Drive safe."

He smiled, wearing his coat. He opened the door and looked at me pointing at the stack of pancakes on the counter.

"That is for you. Eat it or I come for you." He pointed at me with a menacing look and I just laughed.

After he was gone, I looked around my apartment feeling cold and alone.