Chapter 26

Today, I woke up feeling normal. Like really really normal. Jake was making eggs when I entered the kitchen and Lucas was doing his homework on the coffee table. After accepting the delicious hot chocolate that Jake made for me, I just settled down and observed them doing their everyday thing for a while.

After that I showered and I don't even remember how I went back to bed after the shower. I woke up to Jake reading a book beside me and I cuddled deep into his side but I also felt very weak, like i was coming down with something. I was shivering but sweating at the same time and I had the urge to throw up the eggs and chocolate I had in the morning. Jake started to read the book out loud, for my sake and before you know it I fell asleep again.

When I woke up this time, I woke up with a groan because my entire body ached really badly. Jake wasn't beside me anymore and I checked the time and found out it was almost 9pm. I slept the whole day away, weird. I sat up slowly trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me today. I walked to the hallway, using the wall to assist me because the spots dancing in front of my eyes weren't clearing.

"J-Jake." I tried calling but I doubt he heard me. My voice came out weak and tired. My head was banging, spinning and my bones hurt. I felt nauseous and I started to feel my self fading. I don't know when I hit the floor and passed out.
.
.
.

My head was still banging when I opened my eyes. I saw white ceilings and I realized I was in the hospital. The muffled voices I was hearing was clearer now and I recognized Jake's beautiful voice.

"Thank you doctor. I really appreciate the help."

"It's my job Son." The doctor chuckled "I'll speak to the people in charge so they don't run you out of the room, try and get some sleep."

I heard a soft thud as the door closed and then I heard a chair being dragged to right beside me. "Stubborn girl." Jake whispered and moved my hair away from my forehead. "You know, you're suppose to alert someone that you are awake, right?"

I glanced at Jake's smiling face, "How did I get here? What happened?" I tried to sit up but the banging in my head humbled me and I laid back down with a groan.

"I just left you for two seconds to go lock the doors cause it was late and then halfway into that I heard a thud," he chuckled while saying that I guess I understand why he thought it was funny. He was with me all day and the two seconds he left, I found a way to get myself to the hospital. It wasn't funny to me though and I'm sure the glare on my face, showed that. Jake just gave me a cheeky smile, "My Jenny had to collapse." He softly laughed.

"I fainted?"

"Yep. You have a severe cold. That rain messed you up, we should have just stayed in the car." Jake said before he laid his head on the bed. His fluffy hair came into direct contact of my eyes and I tried to resist the urge to touch it but it was Jake! So I buried my fingers in his hair and traced his scalp. He let out a content sigh and closed his eyes.

"You must be so tired. I'm sorry for being such a handful."

Jake lifted his head and stared at me, his pretty honey eyes dancing along my face. He took my hand that was still in his hair and brought it to his lips, kissing it softly. I gasped. The intensity from his stare and that kiss all added to the height of my feelings right now.

"You can and will never be a handful to me, Jenny." He spoke my my hand still placed on his soft lips and still maintaining eye contact with me. Tears sprung to my eyes because it felt like I could feel how much I mean to him but I didn't deserved to be cared for but he cares. Jake cares.

And he cares so much.

"Let's just work on you getting home because I want to sleep, and I can only sleep when you're there and that bed isn't big enough to take me as well," he pointed at the hospital bed I was laying. I looked down at the bed before looking at him and running my hands through his hair,

"You can squeeze." I smiled, "come here." I pulled Jake to come lay down beside me he cuddled into my side, throwing an arm around my small waist and burying his face in my neck. I shivered when he softly kissed my neck.

"Let's go home tomorrow." I said to appease him.

"I'm with you 100 percent, Jenny."

My fingers came up to caress his earlobes when I remembered my dad used to do that to me when I struggled to sleep when I was little. Jake let out a content sigh and I smiled proudly, knowing I was doing it right.

I waited for Jake to fall asleep because he doesn't seem to have enough of that this days, my fingers working religiously on his earlobe and when his breathing became deep and his arm loosen a bit around my waist, I stopped caressing but brushed his hair away from his face.

I will admit, I couldn't sleep anymore. I was tired, weak but not sleepy so in the dark, I watched Jake sleep like a baby and I felt happy, having such a beautiful view of his beautiful face and then I realized that I sounded like a creep and pulled my face away from his.

I carefully sat up, looking around the room. I shuddered, I hate hospitals.

I looked around for my phone and found it, the light from the screen illuminating the dark room. I saw three messages, One from Karen, one from Mac's dad at the station and another, an unknown number.

My fingers trembled but I opened it and held back the urge to throw up.

"You told the cops."

I quickly forwarded the message to Mac's dad after catching my breath and he replied immediately telling me to come to the station as soon as I can.

Karen's text just told me to expect hot chicken soup when I get back home, I guess Jake told everyone that I was here. I gingerly laid down again and I held Jake tighter, my nails piercing his skin. He was the only one that made me feel safe.  He was the only one that cared so much.

I heard a faint hiss, followed by a whisper, "Jenny. Too tight, too tight." And I realized I was hurting him with my nails.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." And I took my fingers into his hair again. One of Jake's eyes opened, "try and get some sleep Jenny."

"Okay." I said.

"Because first thing tomorrow, we're out of here." He kissed my forehead and closed his eyes. I held him tighter and screwed my eyes shut, trying to hold down the feeling of throwing up everything Jake made me eat today.