Chapter 13

Here you go....

Karen was packing her stuff from the cafe and we were about to leave when I heard a voice behind me.

"You weren't going to leave without saying hi now, were you?"

My heart hammered aginst my chest as I halted. I turned around to look at him and he was looking as gorgeous as ever. His hair fell over his eyes and his lips were pulled into that half smile that looked so good on him. The dimple on his left cheek was showing and his hands were in the pocket of his jeans. He had bags under his eyes and looked kinda pale but he still looked very good though.

It scared me that I noticed all that in under five seconds.

"Hi Jake."

His lips pulled up more into a bigger smile as he stared at me. "Hi Jenny." he turned to look at the starstruck, red faced redhead beside me.

"Who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Karen. Karen this is... my friend, Jake." Jake extended his hand to shake hers.

"Nice to meet you, Karen."

"Y-You too, Jake."

He smiled at her politely before turning to me, "So what are you doing here?"

"Nothing. We were just leaving." I grabbed Karens hand and we were about to make run for it when he grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, come sit with me and my friends. I want to introduce you."

"Oh no. I don't want to impose."

"You're not. Karen can come too."

"Um... I don't think that's a good idea." I shook my head because for one strawberry blond was seating where Jake had sat while the rest of the table subtly glared at her.

"Just for a little while. Then I'll drive you and Karen home. Please? I want you to meet them."

I sighed. I looked at Karen. "Are you okay with it?"

"Of course. It's no problem."

I looked up at Jake and nodded. He beamed and took my hand in his, gently dragging me to his table. Karen beside me. He removed his hand from mine when we got to the table and wrapped it around my waist instead.

When strawberry blonde saw us approaching, she narrowed her eyes at Jake's arm around my waist. I gulped not really needing this type of attention as I watched the table look at us. Suddenly, this didn't seem like such a good idea anymore.

Or maybe that's just me being shy.

"Hey guys. This is Jenny and her friend Karen."

Karen and I said hi simultaneously and kind of awkwardly and the whole table said their hellos after raising brows and widening eyes. "Jenny, Karen," he pointed at the two boys that looked identical, "This is Shane and Troy. They're Identical twins so the only ways to tell them apart is—Shane, Troy tell them your differences."

They both stood up. They both had dark almost black hair but one had lip and brow piercing and the other had sleeve tattoos. The one with the piercings spoke, "There isn't much of a difference actually. I'm the better looking one."

"That's not true!" The buffer one with tattoos on both his arms spoke,  "Clearly I'm the better looking one.  True ladies?" he smirked andKaren and I giggled. I only giggled because he looked constipated. I don't know bout Karen though.

The girl in between them stood up,  silencing their arguments about who was better looking.

"Hi. I'm Makayla but my friends call me Mac so you can call me Mac because a friend of Jakie-bear is a friend of mine." She winked at him and frowned at the nickname. Mac was really pretty with pretty dark skin and Box braids that reached her waist.