Chapter 29

Jake

I woke up with loud blaring sounds in my ear. And then a white hot pain ran over my body, from the top of my head to tip of my toes. I opened my eyes slowly only wincing at the hundreds of blaring lights of red and blue. I was strapped down to something and then I began to panic, I could only see straight up into the sky, I could see rows and rows of tall dark trees and the dark night sky. My brain then told me that the police had arrived and they were most likely taking me to the hospital.

I felt much relief and I tried lifting my head, but everything hurt.

Jenny.

That name flashed in my mind a couple times and I blinked, trying to remember... Jenny! I gasped, struggling to sit up as I remembered her and everything that had happened to her. I coughed and a scream tore through my lips because of the pain in my ribs. The paramedic stopped what they were doing and quickly attended to me.

"It's okay. Calm down sir. You're going to be fine." The older paramedic grabbed the oxygen and tried to place it over my nose to calm me down. It made me struggle even more. "You've just been in a car accident sir but you're going to be just fine, do you understand me?"

I grabbed his arm that was holding the oxygen mask and pried it away from my face. "J-Jenny. P-Please." I coughed out but the paramedic was just set on putting the oxygen mask over my face again.

A larger man came over and the paramedic moved away. I recognized him to be Mr. Anthony, Mac's dad, that we met at the station when we wanted to report Kevin. I tried to sit up again and words spilled from my lips in urgency as I looked at him. He was the only one that could help her.

"Sir, please." I said holding my ribs and struggling to sit up. He noticed my panic and came over to push me down. From the side of my eye, I noticed that my car had been totally ruined. Smashed probably beyond repair.

"Calm down son, calm down." Anthony said, pushing me down on the stretcher gently, gingerly avoiding all my injured areas.

I laid down on the stretcher but my eyes burned with tears. I didn't want  to lay down when Jenny is in danger. It made me feel useless, "T-They took her... they took Jenny. They hit our car as I was driving us home from the hospital because she had a fever. She was already sick but then after the accident she was p-passed out, bleeding out and they... t-took her..." I coughed and spat the blood out of my mouth and unto the floor.

I saw Anthony's jaw clench in anger at the whole situation. Jenny had told me about all the things he said to her and I was so indebted to him for caring so much about her even after just meeting her for the first time... Or maybe it's because it's his job or because we are friends with his daughter, but either way I am eternally grateful for all his help and advice. But right now, Jenny needed urgent help, I prayed to God he will take the case and start working on getting her back right now.

Anthony sighed and nodded, "Alright. We're going to get you to the hospital first, and get you checked out, you're severely injured."

"Help her Anthony, please! She was unconscious when they took her, I can't imagine what they might be doing to her!" My body trembled in fear, I needed to get to her as soon as possible. She's not okay, surely, a car rammed into her side of the car. If I feel this way, I can't imagine how she's feeling.

"I'll take care of it son, calm down. Relax. You have internal bleeding just calm down. I'll find her but you need to go to the hospital." Anthony pushed me down on the stretcher. I was faintly aware of the paramedic injecting something into my arm.

"I love her, Anthony." My vision began to blur. "I love her so much. Please find her, don't let them hurt her again, she's been hurt for too long." I said as they started wheeling me to the Ambulance. Anthony gave me a firm nod and I gave him a weak smile back as I felt my eyes droop. I felt completely helpless at the moment but I just wanted her, safe and sound in my arms.I wouldn't want anything more. When I got into the ambulance, the oxygen mask was placed over my mouth and I fell unconscious once more.

THIRD MAN
Mr. Anthony watched the ambulance drive away with a boy just a little  older than his daughter and his heart throbbed at the situation that these kids somehow found themselves in. Before Jake had awoken, his team surveyed the accident and collected every evidence they could find. Clearly they found blood, broken finger nails, hair and fragments of skin. He knew the car crash was a planned move.

A fatal one.

When they found Jake, he was in a critical condition, but he was alive nonetheless and Mr Anthony almost danced for joy at that news. He was also happy to know that Jake was responsive as well, when he woke up. He was speaking and he was asking to help his friend.

Mr Anthony sighed as he watched a toll truck pull the totaled car away from the crash site. His phone rang in his hand and he picked it up.

"Dennis? New information?"

"Sir, I think it's important that we look into this guy well. He's one creepy dude. very sneaky as well, he's been arrested a couple times but never been convicted. Kevin Durant is known for his drug trafficking and consumption. But get this, A couple years back his wife was found dead in their apartments, and she was stuffed to the brim with all kinds of drugs in her system. He probably convinced her to take the drugs, she overdosed. My sources tell me that this is our victims mother and Kevin Durant is her stepfather. Her biological father was found washed up in a lake only a couple years before her mother married Kevin."

Mr Anthony sighed. Jenny had told him all this when she came in to make a statement. He felt pity for the poor girl. She had gone through so much in such little time, but he was also proud of her strength. She was able to hold on for this long even after everything.
"What else do you have on that dirtbag?"

"Well, some of our men in undercover claim to have seen or heard about a Kevin Durant that brings girls in for business."

"Trafficking?"

"Yes sir."

Mr Anthony kicked the tyre of the car he was leaning on "Shit." He exclaimed in anger. That dirtbag was going to traffic Jenny. "Location on where they're keeping the girls?" Mr Anthony asked.

"Affirmative sir. I'm sending the coordinates now."

His phone pinged and he looked down at his phone. "The port." He shook his head, "he's taking the girls to Europe?"

"Yes sir. Our special Op claim that it's specifically to Croatia sir. They claim the ship is leaving the Harbour by midnight tomorrow."

Mr. Anthony nodded.
He had more than enough time to get Jenny and whoever those sickos pulled along. He entered his cop car and put the phone on loud speaker.

"Dennis, alert everyone that special Op is on this case, there will be an ambush tomorrow. They should be prepared. Call everyone that owes me a favor and contact our team. We're going to bring justice tomorrow. Dirty scumbags are going to rot in prison. Time to bring them ALL down."

"Already on it."

"Good." He ended the call and sped to the hospital. First things first, he's going to make sure that boy in the ICU knows someone is out there, waiting for him and cheering him on to get better.