Chapter 28

Jake's POV

She loves me. She loves me. She loves me. She loves me. She loves me. Those words played in repeat in my head over and over and over as I drove us home.

Jenny loves me. ME!

I felt like dancing and hugging her and then cuddling her and screaming at the top of my lungs that I love her too. I hope she won't find that weird. I turned to look at her and saw she was leaning her head on the window, dozing off. She was so beautiful.

My Jenny.

She finally knows everything. I purposely made it so I didn't mention my parents anywhere around her and I was grateful that she didn't ask. I knew she was curious about them but I'm just glad she never asked. I didn't know how to start telling her everything but Dr. Spencer handled that. I made a mental note to give him a call as soon as I could.

I hope she didn't tell me that she loved me because she pitied me though. I don't even pity myself. She doesn't have to pity me. I believe everything works out for a reason and though it was unfortunate to lose both my parents that way, I trust God.

I've always trusted him.

Church was my life, I grew up in church and I love God. I love hearing the stories and though I've never seen him but this feeling deep down in my gut tells me he's there. And he's been with me every step of the way. I know he's the one that led me to that bridge the night I met Jenny.

I had the urge to take a drive around because I was bored and Lucas was still at camp. My car then mysteriously broke down in the middle of the night, next to a fairly abandoned bridge and when I was trying to fix it, I saw a girl. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen but she was... sad. I noticed that much. She was crying and talking to herself and then she climbed up the railing. I felt goosebumps appear on my skin as I watched her and Whatever it was that possessed my body to move, I'm thankful for it because then I stopped her from taking her life because I knew that was the plan.

I smiled at how good everything has been from that point. I worked to earn her trust but then at some point I knew she wanted me to trust her as well. She became more vocal and then we became very good friends. Though not every thing was perfect, it was perfect to me and I'm so glad she came into my life.

But now, we were hopefully something more.

I lifted our intertwined hands that rested on our lap and brought it to my lip, kissing her knuckles softly. She stirred before her eyes opened. She looked at me with a small smile and I stared at her back trying to figure out what she was thinking about.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked with a little smile.

"I'm fine Jake." She smiled at me and I felt like pulling her into my lap and giving her the world. My precious Jenny. We stopped at a red light and I gave her my full attention, smiling. She blushed and waved her fingers in front of her face to distract my stare.

She laughed when it didn't work, "stop staring at me Jake, let's just go home so I can smother you in cuddles."

I frowned slightly, I really hoped Jenny didn't pity me. I know I basically cried on her like a baby and I know it's not manly or anything but I couldn't hold back my tears at that point. I don't even remember when last I cried. I had to let it out.

"You don't pity me because of what happened to me, do you Jenny?"

"I think you're the strongest, bravest, most beautiful person I have ever met, so no. I don't." Jenny said in one breath, not hesitating. Her blue eyes sparkled as she spoke, I could see her emotions of many magnitude written all over her face and said another prayer of thanks to God from bringing her into my life. "I love you."