✿30

(EDITED)

thank u guys so much for all the birthday wishess <33

tw: death

"Last one to the playground is a rotten egg!" exclaimed Jungwon before taking off to the playground with Chaemi following not far behind while Chaeyeon didn't even have time to process it because she was trying to tie her shoelaces

Despite that, she just ran, even though her shoelaces weren't tied yet because winning a race is important to a 7-year-olds these days. 

"Wait for me" yelled Chaeyeon when suddenly she tripped on her undone shoelaces. She felt her knees scrape the rocky pavement as she fell. 

"Ouch..." she tried holding in her tears when she saw blood trickling down her knees. Both Jungwon and Chaemi stopped running when they realized she wasn't following them and ran back to her. 

"Are you okay?" Jungwon asked in which he earned a smack on the back of his head from Chaemi.

"She's obviously not." answered Chaemi. A tear rolled down Chaeyeon's cheeks as she tried to handle the throbbing pain in her knees when she tried to get up. 

"umm don't cry...?" said jungwon but it sounded more like a question but the moment he said that more tears flowed down chaeyeon's cheeks. 

"Way to go Einstein." chaemi facepalmed. "it's okay, everything will be fine," reassured Chaemi to Chaeyeon.

"Let's bring her to her house," suggested Chaemi and Jungwon nodded. The 2 helped Chaeyeon stand up and together, they walked back to Chaeyeon's house where her mom helped treat the wound. 

🌼🌼🌼

In less than a second, everything went black for Chaeyeon. It was just her and the dark. she felt excruciating heat around her body and smelled smoke. 

Chaeyeon looked around and there she was, in the house, the very same house where the disaster happened. just then, Chaeyeon saw herself, but a younger version.

"Chaemi! I'm gonna bring jungwon out and I'll go get help!" suggested younger self. 

She knew what was gonna happen at this moment, and she didn't want history to repeat itself. 

She tried running to the door where chaemi was trapped but as soon as she touched the doorknob, her hand went straight through it. She tried a few times but to no avail.

"D-don't leave me here..."  mumbled Chaemi, with tear-stained cheeks.

"I-i'll be back." 

"Promise?" 

"I promise." 

But of course, promises are meant to be broken. And a few seconds later, Chaemi blacked out from smoke inhalation.