✿37

(EDITED)

i already explained chaeyeon's past abt the fire in another chap but that wasn't so detailed so i wrote the detailed one in this chap. super long chapter ahead btw, enjoy !!

Since Chaeyeon didn't want to go home yet, she dropped her bag on her porch and headed to the only place she could think of

"And then I just left. I-I just can't believe he said that." explained chaeyeon who was no longer sad anymore but rather mad and infuriated. 

She was standing up and ranting to her late friend as her hands moved around to emphasize everything.

chaeyeon was met with silence. "you're right, i should calm down." she took a few deep breaths before she calmed down. 

It was as if she could hear her friend advising her to calm down because getting angry won't fix anything.

that was what she always said. she chuckled and sighed at the silence. hugging her knees, she mumbled, "i miss you... if only you were still here."

Again, she was met with another silence. No matter how many times she did this. She couldn't get used to it. The silence. She tried her hardest to ignore the fact that every single exchange ended up with an empty response.

a tear escaped her eye as she felt herself feeling sleepy. and without even realizing, she dozed off.

One drop. Then another. And another. Before she knew it, it had started drizzling which woke Chaeyeon up. 

It was dark around her except for the streetlight which shone ever so dimly which meant the sun had already set. By now, her body was covered in droplets of water.

"It's fine, everything's fine. What's the worse that could happen?" 

What's ironic is that right after she said that, there was a loud thunder and it started raining heavily. She then to a shelter in the park that was a few hundred meters away.

Good thing there's a park nearby.

By the time she had reached the shelter, it was already no use as she was wet. She felt a cold breeze fly past her making her shudder and feel goosebumps. Rubbing her hands for some warmth, she sat on the bench that was under the shelter.

If she went home now, surely her mom will murder her for not coming home early and disappearing without telling her where she went. She sighed and hid her face in her hands.

Why did it have to be her? Why couldn't it happen to someone else? She didn't want any of this to happen. She didn't mean for it to happen. She was just a mere 7 year old at the time, and did the best she could.

if only she was quicker. if only she hadn't taken a nap. if only she stopped her friends from playing with the candles then maybe chaemi would still be here.