Chapter 24

I was following Shin outside. "Your visions are getting stronger to the point you can physically be there that can also mean the darkening can also be getting stronger as well." he tells me. I listen to him as I follow him. "You need to figure out your fear and anger," he tells me. "I know that," I tell him.

He then stops and turns to look at me, "Then I hope you got it figured out," he tells me, he then turns back around and we go outside. He gets out his sword and I remove my necklace, I like before summoned the darkening and threw it at him but like always he throws it back at me.

I fell to the ground, "You don't like it when he thinks about her," he tells me, I got up and did it again and once again he throws it and fall. "You don't want him to see you as a replacement to her," he tells me.

I get up, I summon, he throws back, I fall.

"Now you possible fear that little boy you see even though he is your son," he tells me.

Again. I get up, I summon, he throws back and I fall.

"Why?" he asked me, I didn't answer and did it again. And fall again.

"Why fear a girl that is already dead?" he asked me, again I didn't answer and things repeated.

"A girl that he saw die," he tells me.

Repeat.

"Yet again he basically in a way saw you die when you made that wall between you and him," he tells me.

Repeat.

"Maybe you actually fear him?" he said.

Repeat.

"In a way he did nothing," he tells me.

Repeat.

"He did nothing to help Mira," he tells me.

Repeat.

"He did nothing to help his Father," he tells me.

Repeat.

"Nothing for his clan," he tells me.

Repeat.

"And now possible nothing for you and that childling," he tells me.

I fell again trying to catch my breath. "In a way he might still run," he tells me. "Y-You're wrong," I tell him, I turn and look at him and get up. "He won't run away anymore," I tell him, he looks at me. "You say it's his fault that Mira was killed then what about you? If you saw it coming why didn't you stop her? Why didn't you protect your own daughter?" I asked him.

He had a look of anger, Mira must be a sensitive topic for him. "You see things but can't stop them, because of the Crystal," I tell him. He said nothing. "You call Rian a coward but what could he have done he would have gotten killed along side her," I tell him. Once again he said nothing, "You are coward, you knew your daughter's fate and did nothing!" I tell him.

"I did everything I can!" he tells me. "But not enough," I tell him. He was angry but also sad, the fact he couldn't protect his daughter his only child from a dark fate.

"But Mira was brave," I tell him. He looks at me, "She knew she would have to go in and lie and have to be careful. She lied to the man she loved, her friends, her fellow guards, everyone there and she knew she would die." I tell him.

It was quiet. "But she must have also been scared," I said. Once again silence, I look down at the ground closed my eyes and put my hands on my heart. "I am scared too, but I won't let this fear eat me alive," I tell him. I look at Shin and blue lighting came from the ground and for once he fell down.

He was thrown a couple inches. I run over to him. "Shin are you alright!" I ask him, I heard clapping and look and see Luna, "Finally you knocked him down!" she tells me and walks over to us. "But it's still not enough," she tells me, she takes out a mirror and shows me. It's gotten worse my eyes are dark purple, the darkening was all over my body. I put on my necklace and look and see I was normal again.

"The fear still eats you along with anger," she tells me, "But still it's a improvement," said Shin who sat up. "Shin I," I said but he stopped me, "It's fine Deet besides you are not wrong," he tells me. I look at him, "I can protect my home, my people here, my wife, but I couldn't protect my daughter well, I am a coward," he says. Luna smiles at him. She gets down on her knees and puts her hands on his arm, he looks at her. "We couldn't do anything Shin, nothing to protect her but one thing we did right is raise a brave girl," she tells him. "We did," he said. Luna kisses his cheek.

She helps him stand up and then helps me. "Let's get going," he said. He started walking ahead of us. "Thank you Deet," Luna tells me. I look at her, "For what?" I ask her, "For making him realize that he can't always hide his pain," she tells me. "Hey let's go!" said Shin. "Come on," Luna says and we follow Shin back inside.

Shin and Luna go in before me, the wind blew and I look around me, and I see a white figure standing by a tree. I look closer and it was a girl, she then turns and looks at me and smiles. I froze and then she vanished. "Mira," I said.