Chapter 27

We made it to the Sanctuary Tree, I look at Hup and Lore, "Stay here," I tell them. "Deet Why?" Hup asked me, "I need to do this alone okay just please wait here," I tell them. Hup let out a breath, "Okay, Hup and Lore will wait," he tells me. I smile and head down. 

I tried to be careful with things I touch, once I got down. I walk over to the tree, it looks dead but I know it can't be. 

"I need your help," I said to it. "This power you gave me, even though you told me that the darkening can't be destroyed only transferred. I knew the risk I was taking but didn't know it would be like this," I said to the tree. Again nothing, I look at my hands that now have purple veins. "The darkening is eating me alive along with my fears and anger no matter what I do even when I thought I got it figured out it looks like it was just luck." I said to the tree. Silence.

"These visions of this little boy, is that you or was that all Mira?" I asked, no answer. "I know you are connected to the crystal but is Mira too?" I ask, nothing. "I know you said the darkening can't be destroyed but there has to be a way or at least to make it my own," I said. Nothing, "Please I know you can hear me, help me, anything just please! I can't do this anymore I feel so alone," I said. 

Then a vine moved and the same flower that gave me the tree's power was in front of me, it opened. I touched it once again and a gush of wind hits me. 

I am once again in the Castle Of The Crystal. I look around me and I see Jen. Young Jen, he was looking right at me. "Jen," I said. I reach out to him but he disappeared.

I was then back to Jen's room in his home, what is happening? I see myself holding young Jen as he slept. "No matter what Mama and Papa will always love you and protect you," My older self said to him. I was crying. Why?

I was then in Luna's lab, I see Shin and Luna. And someone on the couch his face hiding in his hands. "Why must he hold such a fate?" said the man. "Your Father was chosen lead against the Arathim War, you were chosen to lead the Resistance, all your Son has to do is put a shard in the crystal," said Shin. The man stood up, "But my Father and I had others besides us what you two are saying he will be alone!" he said. I was in shock, it is who I think it is?

"He won't be alone," said Shin. "But she is only one, it's just him, but he has to be the one to find the shard the real one! Yes it sounds simple putting the shard back in the crystal but the Skeksis they are many. He is one, not only that he is a childling!" he said. "You sound like your Father," said Shin. "Well good because I am one," he said. The man sits back down. 

"Jen will be scared when his time comes just like you," said Luna. He looks at her, "Believe in your son Rian," Luna tells him. 

"Deet! Deet!" said a familiar voice, a voice that I know very well. "Come on Deet open your eyes!" they said again. I look and see a familiar face, a face I been missing. "Rian" I said his name.

It was Rian.

The same Rian I met in Stone-In-The-Wood.

The same Rian I became friends with.

The same Rian I grew feelings for.

And the same Rian who happens to be Jen's Father.

AN: He's here! Three chapters in a row today without notes!