Chapter 11

I was sitting on the stool in Luna's work space while she was working, I was in my own thoughts with my hand resting on my cheek. I guess Luna noticed because she spoke, "What is wrong Deet?" she ask me. "Oh um nothing," I answered her. She then stops working and looks at me. "Deet I know something is bothering you, you can tell me." She says to me. "It is what Shin has said to me, in order for me to fight the darkening that is inside of me. I need to figure out what I fear and what makes me angry," I tell Luna.

"I see you will figure it out," She tells me. I look at her, Luna has been alive for so many trine. And has seen so much I wonder what she has feared. "Um Luna can I ask you something," I say to her. "Always Deet," she tells me. I took a deep breath, "What do you fear and anger?" I ask her. She laces her fingers together, "I fear losing more people I love and care about, I have lost so many friends and love ones, I miss them everyday," She tells me.

Being a immortal must be a curse having to see the people you love grow old and die, while you can't. Not only that possibly seeing that person's death before they could. I played with my fingers. "And anger?" I ask her. She touched a bracelet on her wrist, "I couldn't prevent the deaths of everyone I care about. My parents, my clan, many of my friends I have made since I been alive. And recently my daughter," She tells me. I look straight at her.

She had a child?

" You and Shin had a child? But wouldn't she be immortal like the both of you?" I ask her. Luna looks at me, "She was adopted actually, Shin and I don't know if we can have children of our own, we have tried but nothing. I was sad, because I long to have my own to hold and to care for and love. I have delivered so many childlings that I wish for my own," She tells me.

No wonder why Luna is so caring and acts like a mother, she longs to be one. And she was but now her child is gone.

"Can I ask about her?" I ask her. She smiles, "Of course you can," She says to me. "How did you and Shin adopt her? And what clan is she from?" I ask her. "She was a Vapra, her birth parents were killed by the hunter. Shin found her, a little baby hidden away, he then brought her to me and tells me we should take care of her and raise her as our own," She tells me. "Did she know as she got older that you two are immortal?" I ask her. "Yes we told her when she was old enough to understand, and you want to know what she told us," she says to me.

"What?" I ask her. "She said even if she is old with wrinkles she would still call us Ma and Pa," She tells me. I smiles. "What was she like?" I ask her. "My daughter was full of life, adventurous, kind to so many. Had a beautiful heart, and of course she was also beautiful." She tells me, I smiled and then it dropped, "Did," I stop myself, but decide to ask.

"Did you see how she was going to die?" I ask her. Luna looks at her bracelet, "Yes I saw, both Shin and I saw it, we both were scared so we did everything we could to protect her. But she knew something was wrong so she asked, we told her that she has a dark fate ahead, I was surprised the crystal didn't punish us for telling her that, but she knew just by how that sounded that she will die young and she accepted her fate even though she had no idea when or how it will happen but she made sure everyday she had was special," She tells me.

She accepted her death even though she had no idea how it will end.

"How did she die?" I ask her. she let out a breath and a tear left her eye. "She had her essence drained," She tells me. Her essence? Wait she was a Vapra and her essences was drained. No she can't be, "What did she do before she died?" I ask her, "She went undercover for Shin and I at the castle of the crystal. She joined the guard," She tells me. That's when it hit me. "No she couldn't be she can't be," I said.

"She was Deet, the little Vapra girl I raised was the same girl that Rian fell inlove with, the same girl who showed how much of a bunch of monsters the Skeksis really are. The same girl who looked at the man she loved one last time before her body disappeared, the same girl who's life was taken by force, the same girl who's essence was devoured by those monsters. A girl name Mira and she was my daughter." She tells me.