Chapter 9

I helped Shoni cook a soup in the kitchen she changed from her warrior clothing to a simple dress and apron. I also changed and cleaned myself up a bit to a plain faded pink dress, with a long white under dress under it. I look upstairs and hoping to see Raya but nothing, "it's going to be a bit until she comes down," Said Shoni, "when will that be?" I ask her. "When I call her to eat, she's like her oldest brother at that age. Rian use be running around Stone-In-The-Wood until I called him home to eat. The boy would be covered in mud from head to toe, even his father when he was able to come home," she tells me.

I smiled then I remembered something, "I thought Rian grew up in the castle?" I Said. "He did but at the age of seven, he was born and brought up until we started living there he was with me and his sister Mythra in Stone-in-the-wood, while his father was at the castle then his brother Timtri was born at the castle," she tells me. "Why did you have to go to the castle?" I ask. "Ordon's duty as the captain was important very important even though I couldn't stand it I accepted it." She tells me. "You must have really loved him," I Said.

"I did love him but not at the beginning," she tells me. I titled my head confused, "you didn't?" I ask. She looks at me, "nope our marriage was arrangement by my father and his when we were small," she tells me. "You had an arranged marriage?" I Ask "Yes you see my mother died when I was a baby my father raised me on his own but my father feared one day he would return to Thra and leave me on my own. So he spoke to his good friend and they agreed to arrange a marriage between us. Not only that because of my attitude and I wasn't you can say housewife material," she tells me.

"So what did you do?" I ask her. "I simply just avoided Ordon even as we got older and close to marriage age, I avoided him hoping he would not want to marry me. I even rejected his marriage gift but nope he never gave up but he respected my space," she tells me. "Wow but what made you change your mind?" I ask her. "Simple he challenged me to a duel with practicing swords of course, he told me I can fly and do whatever I can. The first to hit the opponent in the chest wins. If I won the marriage will not happen but if he won we go through the marriage," she tells me.

"And by the looks of it with the birth of Rian and his siblings he won," I Said. "Yep look," she told me. She had her hand out and I put my over hers and closed my eyes.

I saw Shoni fall to the ground and Ordon standing over her with the wooded sword poking her. She looks up at him, "I won," he said. She pushed the sword away and stood up, "big deal you won," Said Shoni. She stood up and looks at him, he then grabs her and pulls her close. "The big deal is you are now official my bride you can't avoid me anymore," he tells her. Shoni blushed and pulled away from him, he just smiles, "Don't expect me to be the perfect housewife," she tells him.
"I'm not," he tells her. "Then what?" She ask him. "Listen Shoni, I'm not asking you to be a housewife or anything for that matter I just want you to be yourself  and hopefully you will open your heart to me," he tells Shoni and he walks away.
She let out a breath, "dummy I already have along time ago," she said.

I was smiling, and so was she. "So you were in love with him for a long time?" I ask her. "Can't deny it, and because of that love Rian came along then a few years later Mythra, Timtri was a surprised and then Raya," she tells me. "When did you realize you were in love with him?" I ask her. "I realized it when him and another Stonewood were having a practice duel, I saw it and I guess I finally realized my father chose a good man for me." She tells me.

She then checked on the soup, "it's ready can you get the table set for me please," She ask me. "Sure," I Said "Raya darling come eat!" She called for Raya.
Then little footsteps came down and here came Raya, I know got a better look at her. Her hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing a brown dress with ruffles at the bottom. I got the table all set, Shoni came and started poorly soup into the bowls.
"You know Raya you can sit down you don't have to stand there your brother and sister won't be home until later tonight," Said Shoni and Raya sat down and ate dinner. "Oh Luna told me Shin will be teaching you tomorrow so meet him at the entrance tomorrow," she tells me. "Alright then," I Said. It was quiet for a bit, "Raya, you ever go to talk usually you are talking about your day," Shoni tells her daughter.

Raya shakes her head no, "my brother Bobb'N he's like that with others sometimes he's the same age as you," I tell her. "That's right I forgot your father's also had a son," Said Shoni. "He's really a good childling he likes it when I take him flying sometimes," I tell her. "Maybe if you can where the animals are it's bigger you can take Raya sometimes," Shoni tells me. "I wouldn't mind," I Said and saw Raya have a little smile.

After dinner I washed up and went to bed but I just laid there I'm scared of the dreams appearing I haven't asked about them yet. But hopefully soon I look at my hands even though because of the charm I can't see it I still feel the darkening within me. I close my eyes and try to sleep.