Chapter 15

I toss and turn in my sleep. I was sweating and trying to control my breathing, "No don't," I said in my sleep. A man picks up a bundle that was in a cradle and shhh the little one. He then wraps the baby in a cape and then walks out of the room. "Where?" I said. Brea who appears older puts on a hood and cape, the man walks up to her. "Take her and hide," he tells her handing her the childling. "What about you?" Brea asked him, "I need to stay here and help I will come find you I promise," he tells her. "No go with her," I said.

The man then kisses Brea and then the child and hugs them both, "Don't leave them," I said. I then see Brea outside of her home and started walking away from the bloodbath and into the forest, her child began to cry. "Shhh little one it's alright Mother is here and I will keep you safe until your Father comes for us," she tells her child. "Brea your not safe!" I said. Then Brea seemed startled and saw something she then began to run holding her child close to her, trying not to fall. "Don't stop running Brea," I said. She then hid behind a tree and check on her child and then begins to run again as she assumes she lost the creature that was falling her. She then saw a big tree with a hole in the middle and walks up to it, she hugs her child and then places the child in the tree. "I love you my daughter," she says to her child who's back was facing her, Brea then reaches to touch her child but she is then grabbed.

"BREA!!" I screamed, Shoni then coming into the room, "Deet are you okay!" she asked me sitting next to me wrapping her arms around my shoulders, Mythra also comes in. "I saw Brea, she was running and then oh Brea!" I said putting my hands on my head, I was trying to calm down but seeing my friend being taken I can't calm down. "Mythra I'm going to take Deet to go see Luna and Shin if your brother or sister wakes up tell them I'm there," Shoni tells her daughter. "Right," she says, "Come on Deet," Shoni says trying to help me stand up because I was shaking like a leaf.

I manage to stand up and get shoes on and we left, it was dark and nobody was up and went up to the main building and went inside. Luna walk over to us, "Nightmare?" she asked "Yes," said Shoni, "Follow me," Luna said and we followed her to the main room she works in. I sit down with Shoni on the sofa, Luna then hands me a cup. "I just made tea it will help you calm down," she tells me. I accepted the cup, "Where is Shin?" Shoni asked, "He's with Raunip and a few others checking on things outside," she tells her. Luna then sits in front of us, "Now Deet what did you see?" she asked me. "I have seen this before the Sanctuary Tree has shown me it before but this time I saw more," I tell her, "Oh what Deet?" she asked. "Brea but older she had a child I believe it's hers because a man I believe to be her husband handed her the child and told her, he would meet up with her soon but in this vision Brea was being chased by this crab like creature with purple eyes, it's the same creature I have seen around Jen." I tell her, "I see what else did you see Deet?" she asked me, "Brea ran and she hid her child away in a tree when she was about to touch her child's back she was grabbed by this creature and that's when I woke up," I tell her.

"Luna what does this mean?" Shoni asked her, "I believe it means the Skeksis must have or are making a new type of soldier I haven't seen anything I don't believe Shin has either," she tells us. "What does this mean for Deet?" Shoni asked, "Deet can maybe see things further then I ever can yet again she was given the power from the Sanctuary Tree and those trees have been on Thra before I was ever born," she says. I just look at my tea cup, "Deet is there anything else you would like to tell me?" Luna ask, "I do when I was by myself yesterday I was thinking of Jen and only Jen when I just cleared my head somehow I was there like how I was in dream space," I tell her. "I see what happened?" she asked me. "I was following Jen and somehow I was in the forest the same one Brea was in and I made eye contact with her and then I came back," I tell her.

"Luna what does this mean?" Shoni asked her, Luna stood there thinking, "Soul Travel," Luna said I look at her, "What?" I said "Soul Travel you see sometimes Gelfling who has more powerful magic can travel their soul anywhere to the past or future but it's also very dangerous travel to far into the future or past can really damage the mind," she tells us. "But aren't these dreams?" I ask, "I don't think so Deet why would dream of your friend who appears older even though the tree has shown you it why do you keep on seeing it? Most importantly why have a connection to a young boy who you never met? He can't be a figment of your imagination?" she tells me.

I just sat there in silence trying to take this all in, "Deet what clan is Jen from?" she asked me. "Why is that important?" Shoni ask, "I want to be sure if what I am thinking is correct, so Deet what clan is he from?" she ask me again, I sat there and closed my eyes Jen appeared again in my eyes. "StoneWood he looks StoneWood," I tell her. She just stood there, "I see," she said. It was quiet in the room. "Deet tomorrow after breakfast I need you to come straight here," she tells me. "Okay," I said, after I finished my tea I left the room to get some air.

I thought about Brea, her child, and Jen. What does this all mean? And what does it have to do with me? I walk up to the door when I heard Luna and Shoni talking. "Tell me what is your theory that you have and what does it have to do with Deet and this child she sees?" Shoni said. "Shoni how long have we know each other?" Luna ask her avoiding the question, "You were the one who removed me from my mother's womb so for about many trine why?" Shoni asked.

"Do you remember when you were younger you and Laney both of you would tell your families that neither one of you wanted to marry or have children?" Luna asked Shoni, "I remember my reason was mine was arrange and I didn't want to be just a housewife funny how that turned out but I was also afraid of the fact Ordon was only marrying me because it's what his father and mine promised to happen. And why I didn't want children was because I didn't know what to do because I didn't have a mother of my own, now look I was married to Ordon was happy gave him four children well Little Raya he never or will meet which still hurts me that he will never hold his youngest childling. I still remember when Rian was born he did not want to put him down," Shoni said.

I smiled. "And Laney unlike you and your reasons she just wanted to be free," said Luna. "She was a wild flower but a beautiful one who would thought it would be a StoneWood male to be the one to steal her heart," Shoni says, "Well a Spriton male couldn't," Luna said. They laugh a bit, "That girl unlike me who was scared with my first pregnancy, she wasn't even married accepted that she was going to be a mother and possibly be judged do to the fact the child was also half of another clan, she would sing to her unborn child and wrote in a journal for the child," said Shoni. "Yes she didn't even know if she was having a boy or a girl she already decided her child's name yet again you did too," Luna says. "If Rian was going to be a girl it would have been the name Ordon picked," Shoni says. "Yes I still remember the father of her child finding out and went to her family to marry her which they allowed," Luna says. "Spriton are kinder then StoneWood and besides they wanted her to get married," said Shoni. "She did she gave up being a storyteller and dancer wanting to travel all through out Thra to bring stories to tell the little ones, but there she was telling stories to her unborn son," said Luna.

I listen closely, "Now she can't tell them anymore her and her husband are gone return home to Thra leaving behind her son. I wonder what he is doing now and how much he has grown." said Shoni. "Kylan has grown quiet well he's like his Mother in some ways but calm like his Father, he currently what I have seen is learning how to use a sword by your son," Luna says. Kylan? I didn't know he was also StoneWood. "I wonder how that's going," said Shoni "He was traveling with oldest Drenchen Maudra daughter for a while," said Luna.

"Oh boy," said Shoni. Kylan must have had a rough life, "Why does all of this have to do with Deet?" Shoni ask. "I remember when I was with Laney one day she told me she was having weird dreams about a young boy, he appeared Spriton but she never seen him before in Sami Thicket, she thought he came from a different Spriton village but she knew in her heart she had a connection to this boy and that boy she saw happens to be her son, she had dreams of him being small to him grown they stopped when she became pregnant," Luna said.

"Are you saying the reason Deet is seeing this boy is that," said Shoni but she stopped "Jen might be Deet's child," Luna said. I felt my heart stop, Jen being my child.