Chapter 13

I fell onto the ground once again by Shin, "Again," He tells me, I start to get up and look at Luna, she was here to watch. "Why have you not figured it out yet?" Shin ask me as I throw another shot of the darkening at him. And once again he throws it back and I land on the ground.

"Come on Deet why have you not figured out what you fear and what makes you angry yet?" he asked me. I was trying to catch my breath, "I fear the Skeksis and they also make me angry for what they have done," I tell him. "Yes but there's more too it," he tells me. I just look at him, what does he mean?

He walks over to me and looks at me, "You also fear your visions," he tells me. I look at him and then I heard it, "Mama! Papa!" It was Jen crying. I put my hands on my head closing my eyes. But Shin kept going, "You fear the darkening taking control over you and making you hurt the ones you love," he tells me. I then see a flash, a image of my family and friends. "Shin stop!" said Luna. But Shin kept going.

"You are scared of him not feeling the same way you feel," he tells me. I heard Jen's cry again. " MAMA! PAPA!" he cried even louder. I was covering my head while on my knees, "Stop," I said quietly. "Shin stop! What are you doing?" Luna ask him getting mad. Shin ignores her still, "You are also scared that he sees you as a replacement for her," he tells me. Jen cried louder and louder. He won't stop shouting for his parents. "STOP!!!!!!!" I screamed so loud that you might be able to hear back in the crystal dessert.

The darkening was out of control dark lightening went crazy, I can't control it. I just kept on seeing images of my friends and family and hearing Jen cry. "Rian help me!" I said. I don't know why I said his name, he was all I thought of. It then stops, I look and see Luna. The necklace was back on my neck. "It's okay Deet everything will be alright," she tells me. I started crying and hug her, she hugs me back.

After a little while I have calm down, I look at Shin who was still standing. "Was I lying?" He ask me, I shake my head no. "No you were telling the truth," I tell him, He gets down to my eye level. "You should talk to Luna about these things you can't keep things hidden away like this in your heart," he tells me. I nodded my head and he stands back up and leaves. Luna also gets up and takes my hand and we walk near the stream.

I sit down on a rock and let out a breath, how did he figure it out? Luna sits down next to me. "Now tell me about the visions," she says to me. "Well I keep on seeing this little childling his name is Jen," I tell her. "Okay what is Jen doing in these visions?" she ask me. "He's crying looking for his parents and trying to get away from these crab creatures, he's surrounded by the dead and blood and the village he is in is covered and smoke and it's falling apart," I tell her.

Luna nods her head and listens to me, I started to tear up. Seeing this child all alone and crying and I can't do anything about it, "I don't know why I see him but I do it hurts my heart he's all alone Luna and I can't do anything about it!" I tell her in tears. Luna takes my hands in hers and I look at her.

"Sometimes we see things like in dreams that will repeat sometimes or a glimpse of something, we can have a connection to someone we never have met that being someone of our past or someone who is not born yet in this world," she tells me. I listen then it hit me, "You mean I," I said I couldn't finish what I was saying, "Deet I think you have a connection to Jen," she tells me. My eyes widen, I have a connection to him, to Jen. But what kind of connection?