Chapter 3

Deet's P.O.V
"Alright my first question is who are you really?" I ask them. Shin smirks "simple little one we are Gelfling who are connected to the Crystal Of Truth, we are its eyes and ears," he tells me. How is that possible? "How do you know my name?" I ask them, "we have know you for a very long time Deet," Said Luna "but how?" I ask. They didn't say anything, are they hiding something? "We are wasting time," Said Shin.

"But I still-Whatever questions you have you will speak to Luna, but right now we must practice," Shin interrupts me getting all serious. "Shin," Said Luna, he looks at her. "You know we don't have a lot of time until they find her. She needs to start now," he tells her. "Yes but-it's alright lets start," I Said interrupting her. She looks at me, "Deet are you sure about this?" She asked me. I smiled and nodded, she just smiled back. "Can't say you didn't see that coming Luna," Said Shin, she just rolled her eyes at him.

"Anyway Deet hit me," Said Shin, "hit you?" I ask "Yes hit me with all you got," he tells me. "Shin remember," Said Luna "Yes Yes I know don't use my new found strength I got it I won't you know I play fair," he tells her. She didn't look amuse, "Okay sometimes I play fair but only with you," he tells her getting all close she pushed him away he just laughed. "Anyway Deet hit me," he tells me once again. I nodded and look UrSu who was standing far away, I gather the darkening in my hands feeling it's power taking over me and went right after Shin.

He the grab his sword and points at the darkening and it stops he raises his sword it was like he was controlling it and raised up into the sky and then he aimed back at me. I fell to ground in pain, "SHIN!!" Yelled Luna and she came to me and helped me, "I told you not use your new strength!" She tells him, "I didn't that was all Deet's I just sent it back," he says. "What?" I ask, "that was all you," he tells me. "That's how strong I am?" I Said. "Yes and no," he says. "What do you mean?" I ask him.

He then got down to my level, "Listen to me Deet yes you are strong but yet again you are weak," he tells me. My eyes widened, "you see Deet what you threw at me was nothing but the Darkening. The Darkening feeds of you're fear and anger, you need to take control of your fear and anger Deet and make the Darkening turn it into light make it your own or else it will eat you away," he tells me.

Make the Darkening mine? Turn it into light? But how? Even though it can't be destroyed can it change? "Anyway we are done for today," he says and stands up and walks away, "wait where are you going?" I ask him. "I have some business to attend to stay with Luna and UrSu and figure out what makes you angry and what you fear," he tells me and walks away.

He is strange, Luna then stands up and offers me her hand. I take it, "well what now?" I ask her. "How about you come with me to collect some herbs and I will tell you Shin and I's story," She tells me. "I will held back to the Valley," Said UrSu "we will see you in a bit dear friend," Luna tells him and he starts walking away.

"So where to do I begin?" She Said "the beginning," I tell her. "It's a long story," she tells me. "I would love to hear it," I tell her. She smiles, "well it all began the day when Urskek's became interested with the Crystal of Truth," she tells me.