Chapter 9

Authors Pov-

Camila woke up at 8, hoping to catch Lauren and Lilly for they can go get breakfast or something but Camila didn't know if Lilly had school so she was just going to assume she didn't today.

Lauren had just left work when Camila's driver arrived with Camila in the back seat. Camila told him to wait in the car while she went to see if they were home but he was also his bodyguard so he got off with her too.

Camila went up to the door and rang the doorbell letting it echo in the house, causing Lilly to get scared but walked down the stairs and open the door to be absolutely mind blown when she seen Camila and a tall man standing behind her.

"Mila!" Lilly shouted and ran into Camila's arms while Camila picked her up and let them spin in circles.

"Is it someone's birthday??" Camila questioned cluelessly causing Lilly to laugh.

"It's my birthday!" Lilly answered as Camila put her down.

"Oh really? How old are you today?" Camila asked while kneeling down in front of Lilly.

"Seven." Lilly put seven fingers up.

"That's amazingggg... is your mom home?" Camila asked noticing Lauren not coming out.

"No.. she had to go to work. She let me stay home today because it's my birthday.." Lilly said a little sadly and Camila noticed.

"No party?" Camila questioned and Lilly nodded no, "Well what about if you spend time with me instead? I'm sure your mom is gonna be at work for a long time."

"Really? But isn't mommy going to be mad?" Lilly questioned.

"She can't be mad at the birthday girl, can she?" Camila said with a smirk.

Camila picked up Lilly again and this time noticed Lillys weight, she was lighter than she was last time, and a little pale.

"Have you been eating Lilly?" Lilly didn't look at Camila, she kept her eyes on the grass. "Does your mom know about this?" Camila asked but Lilly shook her head no... "Let's go get you ready and then we can go to my favorite restaurant to eat some breakfast and then we can go get our day started.. sound good to you?"

Lilly finally looked at Camila and nodded yes.

Camila was waiting downstairs while Lilly was getting ready and packing a bag to go, Camila walked around the house and noticed all the picture frames, it was all mostly Lauren and Lilly, and Lilly growing up. Camila noticed Lilly did lots, she could paint, dance, and play soccer. It amazed Camila how talented Lilly was.

When Lilly was finally ready, Camila's bodyguard led her to the car, having a toddler seat just in case. Camila grabbed a sticky note from inside and a pen,

Hey Lauren, it's Camila. I hope you don't mind but i'm taking Lilly out, i don't know what time we will be back but don't worry. It's her birthday and deserves to have a little fun instead of staying home. I have my bodyguard with me so she's safe. I hope we could talk when we get back though... see ya.

Camila placed it on the counter that you see first when you walk in and locked the doors.

*First destination*

They finally arrived at Camila's favorite place to have breakfast and the best part was it wasn't even packed so they took their seats at the back in a booth while Camila's bodyguard was sitting on the sides drinking a black coffee and a scone.

"Okay Lilly, you want to tell me what's up?" Camila asks worriedly after they ordered there food.

Lilly shrugged, "Maybe later... can we go to the zoo today? Or an amusement park!"

"Ohhh, what are we thinking disneyland AND the zoo?!" Camila suggested.

"Yes!! Waittt, what about instead of disneyland we go to a art museum. I've always wanted to go with mommy but she's always busy." Lilly said disappointedly.

"Today is your day. We can do whatever you want. Max over there, is our driver so your his boss." Camila pointed at Max who waved at them.

Lilly laughed and waved back while they got there drinks, Camila made sure Lilly ate, and when she did, she looked so much better. Camila got some extra cookies for the road that they were soon back on and on there way to an art museum that hasn't opened yet but Camila called Rodger to have the Art Museum to themselves from 10-11, just for an hour.

It's currently 9:29am when they left the Diner so a few minutes jamming to Camila's songs and other music on the radio and they made it on time.

Camila sent Rodger to pick up Lillys gift while they were at the Museum because it wasn't too far away and they weren't going to be there for long.

Camila helped Lilly out of the car and they walked into the big mansion filled with art.

They walked around for 20 minutes, Lilly explaining Camila the art and asking her many questions Camila couldn't answer. Until they came across one of a mother who was drawn in black and a child who was drawn in white.

Lilly took more time observing this one.

Camila thought this was a good time to start a conversation with her.

"Hey Lilly... do you feel like telling me what is up now?" Camila asked, Lilly nodded and sat on the chair infront of the picture besides Camila.

"Did you know your my other mommy?" She looked up at Camila who smiled and looked at the picture.

"I did."

"How come you didn't say anything?"

"There's a reason your mommy didn't want me to know.. i figured it out after Sunday, trust me, i know who is my daughter when i see her."

"Are you mad at mommy?"

"No, no i could never be mad at her...i love your mommy and i'm sure she had a good reason for it.."

Lilly shrugged and grabbed the pen in her backpack, Camila looked at her confusedly but Lilly pressed it and let the recording echo.

Camila would be lying if she said she wasn't hurt, the words Lauren used, it hurt.

The recording ended.

"You forgave her?" Camila asked.

"No, deep down i haven't. I always thought my other mommy or daddy didn't want me, and now that i know it's you, it's hurts."

"Lilly, you know if i knew i was your mommy from the beginning i would've stayed... but i'm here now and i promise you... i'm not going anywhere. Your my daughter, and i already missed 6- 7 years of your life."

"But what about your music?"

"Family comes before music."

Camila and Lilly shared a really passionate hug with a few tears on Camila's part and a smile from Lilly.

This was just the start of a mother and daughter relationship.