Chapter 15

It's now Friday Afternoon, Camila has been very busy yesterday and today she has a tight schedule. It was when she was getting hair and makeup done for another interview with Ellen when she got a phone call from Lauren... 6 missed calls from Lauren.

"Hello-" Camila was cut off by a very angry Lauren.

"Camila where are you?!?" Lauren shouted on the other side of the phone.

"I'm going into an interview-" Camila was again cut off.

"AN interview?!? You were supposed to be at Lillys school 15 minutes ago for career day!"

"That was today!?"

"I put the paper in your purse!" Lauren shouted, Camila looked in her purse and there it was, underneath all her unnecessary items. "Lilly is going crazy, other parents have already gone."

"Camila your on in 5."

"Please Lauren, tell her i'm sorry. I won't make it. Just fill in, and talk about you being a writer."

"You better find a way to fix this Camz, she's not happy."

Lauren's Pov-

I understood why Camila couldn't make it but she could've at least told Lilly a heads up.

After the last parent spoke about being a doctor, it was my turn, well at least Camila's turn. I looked over to Lilly, and shook my head, telling her Camila can't make it. She looked down, and was clearly upset.

"Ms. Jauregui, will Camila be joining us?" The teacher asked, along with other students wondering too.

"Unfortunately, she won't.... but i'm here and i have a career." Lilly looked up at me while i walked in front of the class, i have nothing prepared. "I'm a writer. I don't just write words down on a paper, but i like to write books. I like to let my imagination run wild, come up with fairytales-"

"Like Beauty and the beast?" A child asked.

"Exactly. Authors like to express there feelings and make dreams come true for characters in books and in movies. How many of you guys like to read?"

Not so much of the class raises there hand.

"And how many of you guys like to watch movies?"

The whole class raised there hands.

"Half of the movies are usually books before they are put on the screen, and the books are always better. You get to picture everything yourself, if you don't like the character looks, then change it. You have the power to change the way they look on your mind, but on the screen, it's all there."

"So books are better than movies?"

"That's for you to figure out, that's a question you should answer for yourself."

*School bell*

"Thank you Ms.Jauregui." The teacher lets me step out of the class with all the other parents and kids, dismissing us.

Lilly first came to me and gave me the biggest hug ever.

"You saved me." Lilly said.

"That's what mother are for." I kissed her cheek, "Now go on and get your backpack."

Lilly then walked besides Emily to get there backpacks together.

Dinah came up to me, "Interview?"

"Yep." I responded as a little boy came over to me.

"Because of you, i think i want to be a writer." He smiled and the mom waved at me while i waved back and they were gone.

"You really inspired some of those kids." Dinah said. "I always thought you sucked." I hit Dinahs arm playfully.

"Lillys got two cool parents-"

I was interrupted by multiple students screaming and shouting from the hallway lilly had entered.

Lillys Pov-

I was getting my backpack with Emily before i felt someones arm push me. When i looked up i seen, Kaylie.

"Leave me alone kaylie." I shouted at her but she pushed Emily to the side away from me while i tried getting up.

Shes really strong for someone her age.

"Your mommy didn't show up, you don't deserve to have her has your mom! She probably didn't want you in the first place!" She pushed me again only harder, her friends then came up to me and began to hit me so many times, i started to cry.

More kids came but they didn't help, Emily tried coming in but she got pushed away. That's when the parents came and i got one more push.

Kaylie pushed me to the metal trash can, and i yelled before my head hit it.

"MOMMY-"

everything went dark.

Camila's Pov-

"So Camila, tell us-" Ellen was interrupted by a crew member coming up to me.

The crowd started to make small talk, wondering what's going on.

"I'm sorry, but your phone has been going off. They say it's important." The crew member said.

I began to worry, i looked at Ellen who nodded.

"Hello?"

"CAMILA, Camila come quick! It's Lilly."