Relaxation and Causation

Chapter 7

      Prior to the last meeting that had occurred at the Diamond Castle no other meetings had ensued, many people still being displeased with the King's acts and refusing to address any other meetings any time soon. For a few day's after the two monarch's received letters from the Clubs and Hearts thanking them for graciously and unknowingly vocalizing their frustrations with the other King, Ivan coming to give them a formal visit, staying a little too close to the Spadian King throughout his visit, causing Yao to drag Arthur away before he started a fight knowing how the other was.

      It was rare day for the two, and that wasn't speaking of their exhaustion to the point where Arthur attempted to drink coffee for a hot second before needing to rinse his mouth, the temperature was a settling day with the sun shining on both of their faces as they laid out in the gardens. Rolling over onto the taller male he rested his head into the others shoulder, "What time is it?" 

      "Guessing by the sun, around two." He responded, not wanting to bother reaching for the pocket watch.

       Reaching over he let out a sigh, glancing up to the sky as he squinted his eyes, birds swooping over head in a flurry of passion, reds and blue's mixing with brown's and yellows. Alfred wrapped his arm around the other, pulling him in close as the other placed up no fight and simply relaxed into his husband's arms. 

       "I suppose Yao is looking for us." He warned, not moving an inch as the lines under his eyes were able to be seen before he closed his eyes to the world.

       "Let him wait, it's too much of a task to walk back." Groaning back in response as he threw his head back leaning against the bench.

       The two remained like that for some time, exhausted out of their wits, simply coming to terms with the moments they were experiencing in their lives as clouds passed over at times blocking the sun from their eyes. Their hands clasped together with Alfred taking most of the weight onto his arm to avoid straining the other's arm, only later feeling the other's grip loosen as he looked down to find the other's eyes closed. Looking up he smiled as a breeze tore through his hair blowing it back, slipping over the lens of his glasses into his eyes, overall cooling him off slightly from the humidity.

    Arthur having finally fallen into a sleep was a sense of comfort to the other, having tuned in on him pacing the halls, humming a song in another language he was unfamiliar with but nevertheless found it mystifying, only for steps to follow on the lonely and gloomy hallways. That seemed to be his comfort but Alfred was unsure how healthy it was for someone to continue to stress their body for around half a week, Yao had never noticed as Alfred started escorting the other, which truly meant carrying him from place to place, in an attempt to make it appear he was stable and still retaining the necessary hours of sleep. The two often conversing through Alfred's telepathy powers, despite the other's grievances against it due to how prying it could often be but allowing him in due to the conditions of his state, the two combining themselves into one force as any decisions typically made by Arthur alone would require the King to be there, saying how he had attained a sore throat. People were now often taken aback by the King's drastic change in speech not realizing how the decisions truly were being made between the two, Arthur often slipping small smiles to the other of appreciation. 

    The anniversary plans had seemingly consumed their lives, typically this would be left between the Queen and Jack at this point but Alfred had to come in, Arthur still placing up the façade to the unknowing Jack that he truly had caught a short-term illness, pushing it down to stress. On the third day of this not only had the other been agitated by the other's inability to speak and Alfred often standing next to the Queen who sat, giving him small acts of admiration. Bringing the King out one day he finally explained that Arthur would be giving the main speech, not only having been married into the Spade bloodline but having once been a citizen himself, meaning he needed his voice. The plan was for him to concoct a potion that would be slipped into Arthur's late night tea, the potion would have no taste,