Reunion

Chapter 16

      Had he been trailing for days or months, at this rate it seemed never ending, and always on the verge of being struck with fright at the next unfavourable surprise, his woes never quelled as his mind thought of nothing more than his beloved.  Often nights, oh who was he kidding night never did show it's face to him here, often delving under tree's with the least broken branches for some rest. What little he acquired often being disrupted, branches falling and threatening to slay him in the next moment. 

     With the time he had been granted, he did nothing more than continue his journey, no longer able to think of any time's with the one he held so dear to him, only remembering faint sounds; the laughter when he would be spun, and how his eye's had shown distrust the first year beside another. Arthur would be so disappointed, knowing that he was a supposed important piece and yet the other had not yet reached him, turning away from him and never returning his gaze. The mere thought, or mention of his name almost sending him tumbling, a swirling amount of emotions at the bearing weight upon his soul. Shaking his head he looked to the band that adorned his hand, closing his eyes as he tilted his head up, looking at the sky scattered throughout the dry and darkened branches. 

     Taking to his feet he leaned against it, the dehydration and hunger slowly eating away, but this wouldn't be a waste. All the same, he could have prevented this had he of simply followed him, what had he said that day, or had he merely allowed the other to waltz out on his own terms. No longer could he recall, taking back to the path, for some reason he held no trust for anyone here and yet Feliciano knew a straightforward word, one that registered under a sensible means to Alfred. Having came across even his most trusted advisor, who he had been thrilled to  see hinging for answers only to find the same tone everyone bestowed upon him, resulting in his leave rather quickly. 

      "My, we have become rather acquainted, haven't we?" Resting his eye's up he saw the familiar smile, and closed eye's. 

      Nodding he fiddled with the band, running a hand through his hair. "Fear so, why is it that you linger around my presence? Shouldn't you be with Ludwig?" Questioning as he once again started back, making his way. Turning to see the other simply give him a smile, quirking a brow with a tilt of his head before watching him vanish just as he had appeared.

     A heavy sigh abruptly left, this should have become a normal part of days, yet each time the auburn appeared and disappeared left him with more unsettled answers. Surely the correct response would have been to think on the questions, rather it was often that Feliciano had become more a guide to his dance where he had been blinded in sorrow, taking his hand and leading him through the ballroom to meet with his destined partner. 

     Reminiscing upon that day, it had seemed so ordinary, and yet panic had been the primary instinct upon the Queen's absence. He never had a plan, that was one of his first screw ups. He had acted first before thinking. He had seen his go through that glass, and rather than even formulating the sheer possibility of informing anyone, he acted out of sheer impulse and desperation. 

    Emerging from the dark abyss that had become the standard he looked forward, noticing life going on as if nothing had happened, that everything occurring in his mind was nothing but rather a figment of delusion. Taking in the surrounding area it seemed barren, eyes widening at noticing towering peaks in the distance. Only having his amazement broken as he fell to the ground, looking back and covering his heart with his hand, throwing his head back, regaining proper oxygen. 

    "Stars Feli, you scared me." Laughing before brushing his slacks off, taking to his feet once more.

    The smile usually seen was hardly anywhere in sight, Alfred in turn furrowing his brows and pursing his lips slightly. A far off stare to the same place he had just struck his gaze too. Turning his shoulder to follow his stare, "Is that it. Is he there?" Lightly questioning with a wobbly voice, the mere thought had a high effect upon his emotional state. 

    Gazing upon him once more he received nothing more than a curt nod, disappearing in the next second. Slightly astounded, he hadn't awaited for his thanks or to offer food, nothing in the slightest. How odd of him. Theorizing he found a cobblestone path, taking it rather than stepping on the grass, this was rather odd, it didn't resemble any palace he had previously seen, and didn't seem to belong to any of the four Kingdom's. Had this place been wiped off the map, was it a place not to be entered and still, he had walked through a portal that lead him to its exact location. 

    Passing elegant walls of stone, he continued, awestruck with all he saw, surely there were palace gardens along with the ones open to the public yet this one seemed so laid out, the stone matching with each thing planted around it. Shaking his head he looked, red roses, they laid from the basin reaching over the top to open in the sun lights embrace. Gaze caught up to the basins of stone, he didn't notice the voice, not until something pierced his throat, stepping back and getting into defense position only to slightly falter his stance at seeing Ludwig. Feliciano wasn't far away then, and Kiku would follow to keep the Jack grounded.

    "What business do you have here?" Demanding an answer, causing Alfred to jump as the spear was jabbed in his direction. 

     Regaining his composure he looked him in the eyes, "I'm here to see the Queen."

     If his cortisol wasn't high enough he was yanked in by the arm, looking the other in the eyes before being thrown onto his stomach, it all happening so quickly and barely able to register. Footsteps emerging, arms yanked back, his head held down by a boot firmly pressed to his head, frames on the verge of snapping. Choking out only to be yanked back onto his knees, pulled to his feet before pushed forward, rope digging into his wrists. 

     Time must have spun, the minute hand going faster than the seconds could keep track of, met with a red carpet before once more being shoved to his knees, his breath barely existing and head forced down. 

     The only way out of this, was to listen to what was occurring, if he was rendered from sight then surely his hearing wouldn't disobey him in his time of need. Shuffling happened not far from him, both by the carpet and clothing, "Your Majesty, this man was trespassing upon the gardens." Heart igniting he dared to peak, despite the multiple spears currently tipped at the skin of his throat. 

    The sight laid before his eyes made his situation, the entire tone falter on an instantaneous second. While he was forced onto his knees, the pressure threating to bruise the skin, his own heart was a butterfly's wings, never stopping as they searched upon where to land. Eyes on the verge of cascading into tears, as his throat twisted in it's own methodical ways he knew naught from where they arrived. The blade's pressed into his throat, the more he threatened to lean in, fighting, his eyes to register with his brain, begging not to make mistakes. 

     A simple word threatening to fall from his cords, only once again to have his head shoved down. 

    "Withdraw your weapons from him." Steps making his heart lose any coherent rhythm there might have been. Closing his eyes, preparing for the worst as a cold metal met with his chin, coercing his head up. This was it, all would be met with an end. "Come now, open your eyes for me."

     Obeying knowing well he was at the mercy of the other he did so, unable to stop himself as he scanned the person in front of him. Unqualified to find his voice before choking out barely above a mutter, "Arthur." Coming out in the same tone he had used their wedding day. 

     Arthur smiled, tilting his head to the side. There must have been an exchange of words, or even signals as the rope around his hands was swiftly cut, jumping to his feet as he engulfed Arthur into a hug, a few tears falling. 

    The affection was reciprocated rather quickly, more than normal, which would have typically raised a red flag to the mast but he already knew why, it had been so long. "I missed you, dear." The voice laid with a sheet of ice sending something indistinguishable through him. 

    Running his hands through his hair he smiled, keeping the distance closed. Simply laying into him, his hands being taken into his.