Proceed Again

Chapter 28

      As much as it may have hurt, the confusion was much more bewildering. What test was this, or were there loopholes they hadn't considered. "This doesn't make sense."

      "Why can't I-" Cutting off, choking on his own words before swiftly pulling his hand away from the other. 

      Noticing the other's panic, quickly rushing to his side. "Alfred, calm down. Take a deep breath."

      "No!" There wasn't a way for him to be calm in such a state, the plan and theory, all of it was meant to align. Once the Queen was disposed of, Arthur was meant to be able to step through the door that kept the worlds separated. "No, I can't do this anymore. I want to go home, I want to be with you, seeing you isn't enough and call it selfish because I don't care. I just killed someone, why should I care that I want to be with my husband. Our marriage was doomed from the start, but we still did it, and it was beautiful. I loved every minute of it, but then some jackass came to ruin it, and he did this." Finally letting himself breath, gripping onto his hair as the tears rolled down one after the other, laying his head onto his knees.

      Arthur took a place to his distraught husband, neither infuriated or annoyed with how he was acting, he had taken risks tonight and now they were all for naught. Looking to the other's hands, scarred from bracing impacts against walls and floors, the fights for his own life at every undisciplined action, while freeing himself Arthur had unknowingly walked him into a trap. Perking up he went to grab Alfred's hand, sighing bitterly when it went through, he wouldn't deny that he understood why the other was making such a big deal out of this because it wasn't a simple issue to start with, and overtime had gotten worse for the other who had suffered greatly for his sacrifice. 

      Changing from his side to in front of him, getting his attention, letting all of his weight shift to his knees. "I'm not giving up as long as this ring remains in my possession, until you arrive home I won't stop trying."

      Looking up to the other, working to control his breathing flicking a few tears away, coughing into his elbow, "I'm sorry," Rubbing to wipe away his exhaustion. 

      Resting his hand on Alfred's he didn't consider it for a second, knowing it was not being supported and would end up hurting soon enough. "Our theory wasn't solid, unfortunately you can't run tests on these sort of things. On the bright side, you can get out of here."

      Taking the other's words he nodded, grabbing the least burning thing he could find, consisting of a black sweatshirt that had miraculously shown up as a saviour and some slacks. Walking through the walls, keeping the knife on his person as he made his way out. "What happens now?" Leaning against one of the palace walls, finally outside, the moon out as he dragged the blade across the slacks, doing what was possible to rid it of blood, keeping a firm hold on the handle.

      The shorter blonde stared, slightly in awe that there was more to this world, the stars in visible colour compared to those back home, it was a fascinating sight. "You said there was a lake nearby, yes?"

      Raising a brow he tucked the knife away, "Yeah, in the garden's maze. Why?"

      Smirking he leaned up against the wall confident in how this would go, glad he had honed the ability to seemingly interact with his surroundings. Gazing to the stars, tilting to lean his head onto the other's shoulder, letting his eyes close. The issue was he understood why Alfred referred to it as selfish, having convinced his innocent darling lover to kill someone for the sake of reuniting, something he would have never done if there had been any other way, as far as he was concerned, until the other was in his embrace once again, he wouldn't settle.