Commence

Chapter 11

Weeks had since passed since the incident, the unease between the Royals hadn't strained itself. Everyone still acting according to their duties, until night came when the Queen would leave to reside in an unoccupied room, away from both the Jack and King.

The Queen has not been the only one to distance themselves, Alfred had detached himself from the Jack, while not blaming him for what had occurred felt he was to take some part of the blame for having forced the grant onto him. That was out of his hands and Yao had known that from the start, in that moment he had spoken up Alfred was more than a bent piece of aluminum in his hand, and now he felt that gaining the other back to be a task for the god's, a thousand apologies couldn't overcome what he made the other endure. In truth, he had not the slightest idea of what Arthur was going through, he couldn't read his mind nor close a six foot proximity with the other before he would vanish in a flash, refusing to be near the other. All he knew was that it was causing him pain, severe enough to not even remain more than thirty minutes in the same room with the other, making council meetings intolerable, and extremely awkward for Alfred who had given up the second time he had attempted to speak to him; although, he found Yao to be extremely pleased by this, slipping small grins over to Alfred who returned them with a stone cold gaze. Everything Alfred could think of to fix the situation felt was never enough, an apology was so flat and meant nothing, words could hold so much power but not enough all the same, giving him anything would look like an attempt to buy his affection back, no that wasn't right, he often found that with psychotic parents and grandparents doing that towards their kids after fights.

Pulling his head up he looked at his reflection, his eyes stained red and his hair unkempt, "I don't know what to do." Mumbling to himself he felt his eyes water, before walking out of the bathroom trying to maintain his composure as the pain built up in his chest, and the headache that never seemed to cease within his head before streaming down to his chest, causing a riveting pain that never faded. His lungs were filling in and out at a rapid pace, leaning against a wall clinging onto his arms, nails digging into his biceps before he covered his mouth as a shaken sob finally left his vocals. He knew he shouldn't be the one crying in this situation, he wasn't hurt or taken advantage of, this was out of his place but he had willingly harmed the only one he had an attachment left with, he could withstand forever being alone but knowing that the other was currently enduring suffering due to his actions, that seemed to kill him more than the prospect of losing him. How was he ever to make this right?

Never stopping he walked down the halls he had been loitering since that night he had picked himself up and made his way into one of the spare bedrooms, away from Alfred and the aches. The move was quick, and nobody had heard a thing as he swapped rooms while the party continued downstairs, and the amount of times he had fallen back suppressing his screams as tears streamed down his face, reminding him of a little kid, were unnamed, in that moment he didn't think twice about it rather it felt right to let loose in those hours. Walking to the double doors he hesitated before reaching out, pushing them forward, he stepped in looking into the room, there stood the thrones that were always vacant, hardly being used as most work was done in their individual offices, the only time's they were used was primarily when Alfred still remained without a Queen and during more trivial matters. Shutting the door behind him darkness ate his entire body, he didn't bother lighting a candle as to not alert any others he was in the room, there was no reason to draw attention to himself when he was attempting the opposite. Rather taking his time, opposed to all the time's he rushed his way through life, standing at the stairs where he had once not hesitated to run up, ready to take the King down in his enraged state covered in dirt and cuts. His breathing was mimicking the way it had when he had first stepped into the throne room, not as the Queen but rather somebody who was apart of a court, originally trying to rid himself of the mark that had made itself known through only mere weeks and he had taken to wearing ascots and high-necked shirts to conceal it as it grew more prominent each day. Those days seemed forever ago, nobody had suspected anything, he had always dressed himself more heavily than the other's who were on the court, some might have called it a respect tactic but it was rather his sense of comfort. The day he had finally managed to get past the castle walls he hadn't expect such a dramatic change, from once being nothing but a mere voice in the court he was crowned Queen of a kingdom he had only stepped foot in to rid himself of his fate, instead he did the opposite; entangling his dance with fate, taking her hands in his and allowing her arms to wrap behind his neck as he pulled her into a low dip, accepting what she was giving to him.