Knock Off

Chapter 26

      Arthur's words resonated deep into his mind engraving through his cortex, more than he doubted they should have and unable to rid it from his thoughts, keeping Alfred tossing throughout the night starting to doubt if he could truly attempt this and get away with it, there had been many situations throughout his life that he had handled, some rather well but never one in this circumstance. Almost get strangulated, sure not a problem, it had alarmed him but the other had fought to get an audience until finally snapping, who wouldn't be crossed, even to a small degree. Relinquish it all in order to return the Queen to their rightful position: he was only doing what seemed right in that moment, his entire purpose for going through the mirror was to save him. Hadn't he done just that though? Unable to be reached by any force, and every little alteration he made to the spell still secured that he never reached this world. Who was he to be so selfish to back out on his deal, one that had gotten far too out of hand from the very beginning when he didn't think twice. Arthur had told him to reconsider, and he was right he should have but even if he somehow managed to get out of that dungeon no doubt he would be stabbed in the back. Never to be killed, only exist where he didn't want to be. 

      Their fight had done worse than get him barred from the outside, now requiring an escort no matter where he was, that was except in the Queen's bedroom or by his side directly, where he could monitor his every movement. Left with limited options his day had been placed on a stand still, preferring to sit in the desolated library stimulating the appearance of busy, when all he had been doing was occupying his mind, searching for any reason to not go through with it all. They had strategized for weeks on how it would all go down, and the last piece was Alfred returning home, into his husbands warm embrace, to the Kingdom and people who he put his deepest parts inside to see it all thrive expanding to the depths, assuring there wasn't any place for suffering keeping a close eye on more than the stock markets, knowing at all times how small businesses were fairing.

      Sliding it back into it's place he took to his feet, knowing rest was soon to come deciding to meet up with the Queen, rather bored by the lingering figure who only seemed to close their proximity with each movement he made, having examined the others footing change when he had moved his leg. This was ridiculous, the other proclaimed he was meant to feel at home, that they were meant for one another only for him to be treated no better than that of someone who was on probation. What was up with that anyways, was that the only way he knew how to control others because he refused to slaughter him, tormented with the thoughts and reality he had sufficed himself to. 

      Bowing, teeth gritting to maintain a regal composure before straightening out. The Queen walking down the steps examining the man who now kept their head low until formed to do otherwise, encircling before skimming a few fingers along one side of the blonde's jaw pulling away when noticing his features remain still. Satisfied with the notion, unaware that his King's throat had constricted, strung with pure vile of the other, heart slamming begging to be freed having gained a new sense of hope and no longer handling such actions with discontent. 

      "My, you are quite silent today. Did we finally learn our lesson?" Dismissing the guard, lifting Alfred's chin, staring into his eyes, pulling away seconds later motioning for the other to follow him. 

      Keep a pace by his side his hand was grabbed onto, giving the other a light hold that could be broken in seconds. "Reckon so." Remaining quiet until he knew there was nobody else within the hall.

. .

       Today was the day, he would return, everything would be complete once more and no longer would the nights be filled with sorrow. Spending days enamored with a hot beverage, never separating, preferring to work near the other no matter what happened between them. Together was better than apart, having spent enough time away from him, Alfred having aged two years ahead of him. All this time, he had been stuck in a prison, trapped like a bird in a cage and when given an inch of freedom Arthur had the fortune of the day to stumble upon him, but it wasn't who he had last seen: Open and bright, instead closed and his light had been shunned threatening to go out at any second. No longer four years apart in their age, closing to two and it all showed of the treatment, never needing to ponder or inquiry the other on what had happened, showing under his words, the way he had speculated for the other to be a figment of his imagination or some sort of test.