Explanation

Chapter 10  

     This was a childish manner, an act only children would have the impertinence to behave in such a foolish fashion, and yet he had too. Well, he reasoned with himself, didn't he have the right to be upset, disgusted, repulsed, even angry. Certainly he very well did. 

     It was for your own good!

     The actions taken and proceeded are not to be taken lightly of, and yet the other attempted to reason that there was good intent washed behind, shoved behind those black sleek curtains that he feigned ignorance of existence. Slipping anything into another persons drink was more than an offense, it was just selfish and showed how repulsive some people truly were. Yet, if Yao had advised it, he hated to admit that it was under safe hands with Yao, however that still didn't excuse the actions nor the crime. Potions aren't harmful, and most of the time it's simply a tasteless liquid, with the one commonly used to assist with promoting exhaustion containing pure melatonin, even though the body already produces melatonin throughout the day. It wasn't dangerous, but it was enough to seclude one into themselves and pull their trust back, after all, who would suspect the one person who vowed to protect you.

    Stepping against the wall he slipped the gloves off his hands, trying his best not to be overcome by the sheer hatred that coursed through his veins in that moment, his throat enclosing as his mind refused to let go of those words. He couldn't help but look back to the nights they danced, how simple life seemed in the moment as the two fell into one another, the calming nights, now folded in reds and blacks. But there it lay out in the open, the moments when the other had grown angry, violent, never towards him but rather the other party, never letting them have their way had it gone too far. There was a second side to the man he believed he knew, the man he had believed to trust. 

    Leaning back he felt his hand slip, "God, I trusted him." Despite how much he bargained for control, he could feel tears pushing. 

    Thunder. He could hear it, rumbling along the halls shaking with an ever violent rage. People would be getting rushed through the doors, unbothered by the rain as it pelted down as it typically did. Another roll came, he could hear rain coming through an open window somewhere down the hall, with a wave of his hand he heard the window snap close, it was best for the palace to not be flooded, surely he could retain respect for those who came before him and the place they once inhabited. The one's who he had read about but never placed a face to their words and names, nor had he seen portraits of the families who once lived in the walls prior to him, which wasn't all too strange. He knew other Kingdoms had their royals painted, however Spade's had never asked for a painter to come in, maybe it was too much of a hassle or simply a waste of time but it had never occurred in all of years. A gust of wind pushed in through the hall, yes that latch had never been properly fixed.

   This was his cue to forget about everything that had occurred, to come to aide even in this time which would be insignificant in the long stance of time. He just couldn't move no matter how progressive the thoughts started to come in, one after the other, invading through the stone walls with a pointed tip and coming to land between the hemisphere, moving was not an option for he struggled at the mere thought, seeing the other after everything, knowing what he had done. Logical thought and reasoning were long gone, there were no excuses to be made, everything felt numb.

    Why does it hurt so much, he pondered. Had they asked- no, asking was out of the question, he wouldn't have allowed it. Had they figured that though, had someone attempted to be the voice of reason at-least once during the entire plan, surely they both couldn't be so reckless at the same time, there had to be some sort-of balance.

    "Arthur?" 

    That must have been it, he had to have been the voice, when it comes to the throne being distracted the advisor has to step up. Trying to find some reason through the thick forest, the floor covered in a sheet of ice bound to break one in a matter of seconds, yet taking the right steps would lead to the tree surrounded by its own matters.