Kabanata 35

Kabanata 35

Breaking the Rocks

The mass wedding included some visitors, some were the main families of the couples to be wed. Iniisip ko pa kung paano ko ipamimigay ang aking mga regalo. Seeming that they are many to carry, it will attract attention from the visitors.

"I'll ask some men to carry those gifts to the couples. Huwag ka ng mamroblema," Exodus told as he had seen my conflicted face. Talagang nababahala ako kasi kung nandito man ang mga box, siguradong sasakupin rin ang natitirang space.

I relaxed for a bit. Naka-abrisyete ako kay Exodus habang nasa hall kami kung saan gaganapin ang mass wedding. Nandito na ang mga groom at sabi ng Papa ay gagawin nilang tradisyonal iyon kung saan maglalakad ang bride mula sa entrance ng hall papunta sa kaniyang groom.

They had songs too for the wedding. The grooms looked lovely in their pure white barong. Some of them were older than Kuya Mars. Mukhang matagal ng nagsasama pero hindi agad nakakasal. They're not married in papers but they are already married in heart and soul. Ang pagpapakasal sa papel ay magsisilbing patunay na lang sa madla. What's most important is the feeling between two individuals who care and respect each other.

Nang magsimula ang kanta ay isa-isang pumasok ang mga bride at nagsitungo sa kanilang asawa. They were lovely, with the smiles on their faces. Naalala ko tuloy bigla ang kasal ko kay Exodus. I wasn't actually smiling because of course, sino ba namang masisiyahan kung hindi mo naman papakasalan ang taong mahal mo? I hated Exodus back then, but the more time we spent with each other in the same house, I somehow got to know him more. Iba nga naman ang kaso namin ni Exodus kumpara sa mga nanditong nagmamahalan na talaga bago sila tuluyang ikasal.

Up until now, I'm still assessing my feelings for Exodus. I'm aware myself that I'm starting to fall for him. Siguro ay malapit na pero hindi ko naman kailangang magmadali kasi nandito lang naman siya. I held on to his words that he was willing to wait for me.

I realized...I was starting to fall for him because I got to know his sweetest side. His side where he tries to prove to me that he loves me in his little ways. Hindi kapansin-pansin ang mga bagay na iyon and when I do noticed them, I can't help but feel appreciated and understood. Ang simpleng pag-aaral ni Exodus sa inaaral ko sa trabaho just so he could know things or ask some facts. Exodus likes to ask me what I want and he wasn't rushing anymore when it comes to decision-making. Palaging itinatanong na niya sa akin kung ano nga ba ang mas mabuting gawin o piliin. Kahit 'yong simpleng pagtatanong niya lang kung ano bang mas gusto kong suotin niya sa pag-alis.

Those little things matter kasi hindi agad napapansin. People always question the love of their partners to them because they only see the big things when it fact, you'll see true love when you finally noticed those baby steps and little ways that they do. Love boils down from seeing the big things to finally seeing the very most atom of a matter. And it takes time...like how you want the rocks to change into beautiful ones. The process takes time and you just have to trust it.

That's why if Exodus believes in me and waits for me to love him back, he should trust the process. Unti-unti, alam kong mamahalin ko rin siya. I am not just trying to learn it, I'm trying to see what good it will cause us. Alam ko namang hindi palaging maganda ang nagaganap sa isang relasyon and there will always be ups and downs—hindi na iyon maiiwasan. And I wanted to trust myself more that I will be able to love Exodus slowly but surely. Ayaw ko ng magpaligoy-ligoy pa. I'm tired of chasing and loving the wrong person that's why...this time...I want to take it slow.

Pumalakpak ako nang matapos na ang seremonya ng kasal. I teared up a bit because some of the women really cried. 'Yong isa ay tinanong ni Papa kung bakit umiiyak and she said that she had been dreaming of this day to be finally married to her partner. They've waited patiently and I think that they deserve more than this. Kung pwede lang, I could have sponsored them all—maybe a good wedding gown or ring but I'm no billionaire or a saint to do that but at least with the the gift that I'll be giving them, sana mapasaya ko sila. I hope that they will put it to good use.