III. Wakas

EXODUS FELISARTA

III. WAKAS

"So you knew that Marcus cheated on Trisha before?"Muriel asked me as she settled above my chest. Ang kalahati ng katawan niya ay nasa pang-ibabaw ko. The strands of her hair scattered all over, beads of sweat on her forehead.

I can feel the dampness of her hair. Hindi naman madaling matuyo iyon sa ilang minuto lang. Perhaps what we did somehow did not dry it, huh?

I groaned. "Are we going to talk about that?"

"Well, yes!" Ipinatong niya ang kamay sa aking dibdib. She placed her chin at the back of her hand. Ang isang kamay ay malapit sa aking leeg

"I was the one who saw it first. Right after law school. Their schedule was a bit hectic. Magkaibang firm ang pinagt-trabahuhan nila."

"Then why did you keep it from me?" I sighed while staring at her. How could I explain her things when she's like this? She just looks undeniably hot above me.

"Because I thought I was done with you back then. Ilang beses na kitang binalaan na hindi mo gaanong kilala si Marcus."

She pouted. "Kung sinabi mo naman, I'd probably stay away from him."

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. He's a cheater. Okay lang naman sana kung nakipag-break siya kay Trisha bago siya lumipat sa ibang babae. Mapapalampas iyon. As long as he did not two-timed her."

"I don't know. You were so desperate for him." I rolled my eyes. Surprisingly, my wife just slapped my chest. Hindi agad ako nakailag.

"What was that for?" I asked as I felt the aftermath sting.

"Ang bitter mo." She rolled her eyes too. "And Landon said you gave him a chance?"

She scoffed. "A chance for what? To cheat again?"

"He promised that he'll never do it. He still continued his relationship with Trisha and it went on smoothly. I never saw him again with another girl kaya napaniwala kami ni Landon na nagtino na nga. I've always believed in Marcus because he is my friend."

"Still, dapat naman naisip mo na uulitin niya pa rin iyon. If there is temptation, of course he'll do the deed again."

"I trusted him, that was it. Ngayon ay siya na mismo ang haharap sa consequence ng ginawa niya. I don't care about him now."

"Trisha's pregnant. If I had known it earlier before we could talk...then maybe, I could have talked to Trisha in a safe place." I recognized the sadness in her voice.

"We don't always know what will happen, Honey."

"But it was still my fault." Nagbaba siya ng tingin. "Trisha's hurt and her baby—I almost killed the unborn baby."

"I'm sorry," I blurted. Binalik niya ang tingin sa akin, namimilog ang mata.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I saved you from Marcus but I couldn't save Trisha from such a relationship. If only I could turn back the time and correct my decisions, I could have save you both."

"You're not a hero, Exodus. Nagtiwala ka lang naman kasi kaibigan mo siya. I believed in him too because all along I thought he was a good man and that I could be happy with him...kapag nagkataong naagaw ko nga siya kay Trisha."

Muriel chuckled. "I realized, Exodus, that I wasn't different from Marcus if ever I was able to steal him away from Trisha. Magiging kilala ako bilang mang-aagaw. I bet my parents would disown me right away. Buti na lang..." She stared at me fondly. "You were so persistent of stopping me of my plans back then. I never realized how evil my plans were. I was blinded by desire and selfishness. I thought that it was love but..."