Chapter 18

Mature-ish content ahead

***

An hour later, I was officially tired, despite both Brooke and Roxy's protests and threats, in the case of the latter. I nudged my way out of the crowd and tried to find a place to sit just for a bit.

Seeing a few doors in a hallway ahead of the bar, I tried the first one, feeling a little surprised when it opened. The dark room seemed cool and inviting, so I stepped inside and closed the door, the thrum of the party fading to low beats. The only light came from a strip of moonlight from the window, narrowly falling on a bed in the middle of the very large room.

My heels padded across the carpeted floor softly as I sat on the foot of the bed where the light fell. I crossed my legs and fluffed out my hair, leaning my head back and trying to get the slightly sticky strands to dry.

"Tired of displaying your body for every man to see?"

I gasped at the voice coming from the corner and opened my closed eyes. I watched as Reece emerged from the dark corner where he was apparently sitting, his face blank as he observed me.

A swallow helped my suddenly dry throat. "Not every man." I whispered. I wasn't drunk or even tipsy, but the alcohol still made me honest and confident.

Reece tilted his head to the side and stalked forward, making me move back on the bed slightly. He placed both hands on the side of my body as I looked down. His scent and body surrounded me, overwhelming my senses.

"Don't play a game you can't win, Iris. You'll regret it." He muttered in my ear. My legs clenched together at his words and his proximity. "I saw you drink from my brother's glass. What are you getting up to brat?"

His words just made me feel more aroused. "He offered, so I drank it. Maybe you should try being as nice as him sometimes." I whispered.

Reece leaned back and stared at me, suddenly turning and walking towards the wall, leaning against it. He watched me, making me fidget.

"I can be nice. You're just not ready for my brand of nice." Reece muttered.

Even when he was a few feet away, his words still sent a shiver down my spine as if he was right behind me. I met his eyes.

"I really like your friends and your brother, they're really great," I said, the words coming out before I could stop them.

"It seems they like you too, like everyone does." He stated. I stared at him, trying to figure out what he meant.

"Where's your brother?"

"He left a few hours ago," I said. My eyes strayed but his large presence kept pulling them back. His chest looked better than it should with his arms crossed on top, large thighs clad in jeans.

"I'm sorry about Alex," I whispered after a few seconds, looking at the man in front of me. In the light of the moon, I could now see his face better, including the bruises on his cheekbone and jaw.

"I deserved it." He stated, watching me watch him. His soft-looking hair, a dark reddish-blonde hue that suited his sharp face, was making my fingers itch desperately.

"You didn't," I said. "I really am sorry." His words from last night echoed in my head. "I find it hard to not think about you too, although that just makes me mental, thinking about my bully more than I should," I said quietly, not looking at him.

After a few seconds of tense silence, I got up and walked up to him. "Sorry," I whispered, not meeting his eyes. I really did feel horrible about my brother beating him up.

I stepped forward and held his chin lightly, the contact sending tremors down my body. I stood on my toes and slowly pressed my lips on the bruise under his eye, making Reece breathe in sharply. My lips moved of their own accord down to his jaw, placing a kiss there as well, his stubble tickling my lips and making me think dirty thoughts of it against my body.

I kissed his cheek after that, unable to remove my lips from his warm skin. I tried to step back after doing so, my sanity slowly returning.

As I did this, Reece's hands shot out and grabbed my hips in a painful hold, pulling me close. My breath rattled out of my lips as my palms held on to his wide and strong arms that I wanted to feel around me. Our lips were inches away, the air still and tense, the muffled music from outside echoing in the silent room.

Fuck it.

I slowly touched my lips to Reece's, and that's when everything shifted.

Before I could blink, Reece lifted me up in a bridal hold, disconnecting our lips. He threw me on the bed and climbed over my shaking body, eyes a dark grey and swirling in an uncontrollable storm. His lips crashed down on mine, making me gasp. He quickly took advantage of my surprise and thrust his tongue in. Reece tasted like alcohol and mint in the best way possible.

Our tongues battled, tasting each other like death was a possibility if we didn't. He kissed me like he would drown if he wouldn't, roughly grabbing my wrists and bringing them up to cage them above my head against the bed in a tight hold.

So many emotions rushed through me, lust making everything else but him seem nonexistent. My body shook with arousal, a desire so deep I couldn't fathom swimming out of it.

"Fuck fuck fuck," He murmured, breathing hard, smashing his lips back down on mine. This time, Reece pressed his entire body onto mine, making me gasp as I felt his large hard-on pressing against me. I shifted and wrapped my legs around his waist with our lips still connected, arching my back when his erection pressed against my wet and hot core. This made the man above me curse again, his whole body straining like it was holding back a storm.

"Stop Iris, or I won't be responsible for my actions," Reece said with a growl into my ear, biting it and licking the shell, something that aroused me even more. He roughly pressed down as if threatening me, the feeling of his member clearly pressed against my thinly covered heat making me shudder.

Reece's hand trailed down and just barely touched my breast, his intoxicating scent making it hard for me to breathe. "This dress, don't ever wear it again unless you're alone with me." He whispered in my ear, one hand still caging my wrists. Reece's stormy eyes met mine, and his lips pressed back against my probably bruised ones. Kissing him was like the best ecstasy, like a heady feeling that took me over and made me forget everything else.

"And what if I do?" I panted in between kisses, challenging him. Reece pulled back and stared into my eyes as his hand slipped down and hiked my hips higher against his body, his big palm engulfing my ass.

"I don't think you want to find out," He whispered and slammed his lips against mine, squeezing my flesh in a threatening way, making me moan. Who knew I'd love being manhandled?

Before I could lose myself completely in his kisses, the door suddenly opened.

"Reece we need to -"

My head turned and I met James' eyes, his eyebrows raised in disbelief. I immediately snapped out of it and pulled my arms from Reece's tight grip, slipping off of the bed.

"Iris!" His deep voice called from behind me, and before I could get far beyond the hallway just outside the door, a warm hand caught my wrist and pulled me closer, making me harshly fall into Reece's warm and inviting body.

Stop being so horny and LEAVE, Iris!

I didn't get a chance to listen to my inner voice as his breath hit my ear and neck. "This isn't over." He muttered.

I met his swirling grey eyes in shock and yanked my hand away, turning around to find Roxy and Brooke watching me with wide eyes, staring at Reece as well as my ruffled hair and just-kissed lips.

I rushed past them and walked out the door with my hands trying to tame my hair, still collecting my thoughts and trying not to hyperventilate. I just kissed my bully. And I liked it more than I've ever liked anything.

Fuck, I am so screwed.