Chapter 25

hi lovelies!✨💗

I've done a thing, a probably stupid and dumb thing, but it's done anyway - I've started a reading/writing based Instagram page! go check it out please and let me know what you think! - @ wishbonereader (https://www.instagram.com/wishbonereader/)

hope you enjoy this long update :D 

-------

Iris

"But my darling, I love you with my whole-"

I laugh out loud as Roxy shoves John from the seat, making him topple over and almost fall out. It is a gorgeous sunny day outside and I'm sitting content after a heavy breakfast, relaxing at the end of what had turned out to be a very hectic week. The waitress has a small smile on her face from the two idiots' antics as she refills our coffees, at which I shoot her a smile and thanks.

As we finish paying the bill and walk out of the cafe, the three of us head down the road, talking and laughing about dumb things. I fall back just a bit and look up at the sky, sighing and enjoying the warm sun on my skin. When I look back down, humming a song under my breath, I realize we're heading the opposite way from my house. 

"Hey, why are we heading towards college? Weren't we going to go to my place?" I ask John and Roxy, a little startled I zoned out so easily. 

"I have to go to practice Chica, and there's no better way to start what is definitely going to be a tiring session than breakfast with two," he jerks Roxy back and wraps one arm around her shoulders and one arm around mine. "gorgeous girls. Am I right or am I right?" 

"Oh god you're disgusting John," Roxy mutters as I snicker at her words, laughing when she tries to pry his arm off of her, him not letting her go. 

Since the court's back entrance comes before the main campus entrance, we're entering the long broad hallway in no time that leads to the expansive home court. Roxy asks me something about the new Mexican restaurant I'd been meaning to try since the past week, which leads to John doing a very bad Spanish impression. I'm still laughing at his antics as he heads back to the locker room. 

"I'll be back in 2 minutes, need to use the restroom real quick, so just wait for me inside." Roxy rushes off before I can tell her to just meet me outside the building, making me sigh and head through the wide doorway and into the court. 

I hear a whistle and observe as a player slowly jogs off the court and heads to where the coach is standing, making the remaining 3 players on the court also slow down a little. I don't see any of the players well as I head for the corner seat, having to pass by the main railing that separates the court from the bystanders. 

A gasp escapes from my mouth as before I can sit down a pair of arms lands on the railing in front of me, the suddenness of it makes my breath catch. Although after seeing a sweaty Reece in front of me, chest pumping with exertion, the breathing situation doesn't really get better much. 

"Hi, there friend." He casually says, leaning a little forward and picking up a water bottle I hadn't seen before from the seat right next to me. 

"Uhh hello." I almost stutter as I watch him unscrew the cap and take big gulps of water, neck bobbing with the movement. As he lowers the bottle and screws the cap back on, eyes focused completely on me, I clear my throat a little, suddenly feeling warm.

"So," he says, placing the water bottle back down near the ground. "Stalking me are you?" 

I roll my eyes and ignore my racing heart as he places his forearms on the railing, eyes still concentrated on me. "Don't flatter yourself, Jenkins, Roxy and I came to drop off John we just had... breakfast together." I stutter a little as he raises his shirt just the slightest bit to wipe off the sweat on his face.