Chapter 21

Jenkins, Reece.

I sighed as I read the name beside mine in the email our international relations teacher had sent last night when I was too drunk and apparently too busy throwing myself on Reece to check. A blush stole my cheeks, but I quickly shook my head to forget such thoughts, lest I feel the need to dig a hole and bury myself in it for all eternity.

My head hit the kitchen counter as I thought about mailing the professor and asking for a change in partner, immediately dismissing the idea because I knew it wouldn't work. I picked my head up and rubbed my eyes, hearing a groan from the couch.

Roxy slowly rolled off of it and got up with a blank and confused face, then proceeded to zombie walk to the room. She emerged a few minutes later looking better and in my pajamas. I silently pushed the tablets set out towards her.

"How drunk was I last night?" she croaked out, slumped in the opposite chair.

"Very. If it's any consolation I was too." I said in an equally rusty voice. "Don't know if you remember, but John and Reece picked us up last night."

"I remember. Vaguely," Roxy sighed. "Did we make a fool of ourselves?"

"To an extreme extent."

Roxy muttered a curse at my words. I didn't remember the car ride very well from last night, but the talking and kissing in my room, that I remembered very well.

As I pulled a water bottle from the corner of the counter and slid it towards a muttering Roxy, my phone chimed with a text. To my surprise, it was Reece, whose number I had saved the last time he had texted me after the match.

You're awake?

Unfortunetly I typed back.

How do you feel.

Like I have been run over by a truck. But still better than it could've been thanks to you

Don't mention it partner

Ahhhh, you already saw the mail huh? Atleast someone was sober enough to last night

Unfortunetly

I grinned at that. This made Roxy look at me suspiciously. Before I could say much she snatched the phone from my hands.

"Roxanne!" I groaned as she scrolled through the short conversation. She just grinned a little, as much as her hungover face could allow, and slid it back to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's just.."

"Roxy," I warned, threatening her to tell the truth.

"It's cute and fucked up at the same time, that's all I'll say, Reece and you being sort of friends, sort of...I don't know, fuck buddies?" she said with a smirk.

I blushed. "Oh come on! We haven't done anything, as if he'd want to with me, you're over exaggerating."

She hummed and I ignored her. My phone chimed again, and I picked it up, ignoring Roxy's cackle.

You there?

Sorry, the other hungover monster in this house was bothering me.

How is dear old Roxanne

Alive and kicking, you can tell that to John because I know he wants to know

At this point I don't know if I want the two of them to get a room or not get one, the aftermath may be unmanageable

I vote get a room. Imagine how much peace and quiet we'd have