Chapter 5

Flashback

Red Riding Hood was running through the forest, towards a small campsite. In the campsite, Rose Red, Grace, Prince Charming, Snow White and several guards were gathered around a map and they were discussing a strategy as she arrived.

"King George's men are here on this ridge-," Prince Charming began to say when he looked up at Red Riding Hood.

"We have to move camp. They're coming for us," Red Riding Hood said.

"No! We will not run. We said we were going to take the kingdom back and we can't do that with our tails between our legs..." He looked at Red Riding Hood who folded her arms, "No offence," Prince Charming said.

"But matters have worsened. The King has a new general," Red Riding Hood said.

"Who is he?" Rose Red asked.

"They call him the Leviathan. They say he attacks like a monster striking from the depths of the sea. You never see him coming, you never survive," Red Riding Hood said.

"We'll see about that," Prince Charming said.

"How close is his army?" Rose Red asked.

An arrow tore through the tent and shot into the camp's table, "I'd say pretty close," Prince Charming said.

"Do you want a medal?" Rose Red asked, sarcastically.

"You're older than Snow and yet so immature," Prince Charming said.

"Seriously, you two? Now?" Snow White said.

"We should split up, divide them," Snow White said and everyone exited the ten as King George's began to draw closer to the tent.

"Exactly. Go. Go! Go," Prince Charming said...

Everyone scattered but Prince Charming who lingered back and Snow White looked at him, "Aren't you coming?" Snow White asked.

"He's going after me. You'll have a better chance of escaping on your own," Prince Charming took her by the arms as she looked at him worriedly, "Don't worry. Meet me in two day time at the cabin," Prince Charming said.

"The cabin? Where she is? Are you sure?" Snow White asked.

"We're engaged. I think it's about time you met my mother," Prince Charming said and she smiled at him.

"Snow, come on," Rose Red said as she carried Grace.

They all noticed a masked knight on horseback watching them from a distance, "Go, go," Prince Charming said.

Snow White took off into the woods with Rose Red and Grace but they were followed by the masked knight. The knight managed to get ahead of them and he knocked Snow White down, as Rose Red stopped running, looking at him as she held Grace against her, protectively.