Chapter 35

A week later, at the Charming's loft, David was about to take a breakfast tray over to Mary Margaret when Emma walked downstairs.

"Breakfast in bed? Seriously?" Emma asked.

David turned to her as she walked into the kitchen, "What happened has been really hard on Mary Margaret. The least we can do is make sure she's eating," David said.

"I think it's time to give the hot cocoa and the door massages a rest. It's time to haul her ass out of bed and get her to move past this," Emma said.

"That's a little harsh, don't you think? She took Cora's life," David said.

Henry walked down the stairs, "Is everything okay?" Henry asked.

"Everything's fine, kid. Get your coat, we're gonna be late," Emma said.

"Bye, Gramps," Henry said and left.

Emma turned to David, "I know you think that she needs our help. But at the end of the day, she's the only one who can help herself," Emma said and left, following Henry.

Mary Margaret heard them and she walked out of the bedroom approaching the kitchen and David looked at her shocked, "Good morning," Mary Margaret said.

"Hey," He put the tray down, "Morning. I made you some eggs. But if you're craving something else, we can go to Granny's. Unless you have other plans?" David said as she was putting on her coat.

"I thought I'd head out to the woods, actually. I need to think things through," Mary Margaret said.

"Let me come with you," David said.

"David, I need to do this without you... I'm meeting Giselle, she's coming with me. And you have things to do. I know you've been looking forward to working in the fields," Mary Margaret said.

"Yeah. Yeah, Anton says we might have a crop soon. And once we do, we can go home. And none of what happened will matter. It will all be in the past," David said.

"I used Regina to kill her own mother. I don't think going back will erase that," Mary Margaret said.

"Mary Margaret..." David said.

"Please. Give me time," Mary Margaret said and walked out.

Elsewhere, Jefferson, Rose Red, Grace and Neal were sat in the B&B, Grace was sat between Neal and Rose Red reading a storybook.

"So the sleeping curse you were under... That's why our father didn't want to come with me?" Neal asked.

"Possibly, but he is a little bit of a coward with or without magic. It's a given," Rose Red said bluntly.

"You know, this makes sense now," Neal and Rose Red looked at Jefferson, "Why Rumpel treated you like a daughter because you are," Jefferson said.

"Yeah, it does now since I remembered," Rose Red said.

Grace looked at Neal, "Uncle Bae," Neal looked at her, "Do you have any stories of mama from back then left to tell me?" Grace asked.

"Oh, no," Rose Red said and sunk into the couch.

"I have a few more stories," Neal said with a smirk directed at Rose Red.

"Oh yeah?" Jefferson asked with a smile.

"Shut up, Hatter," Rose Red said.

"Never, Queenie," Jefferson said and they chuckled softly.

Henry and Emma walked into the B&B living room are, Neal stood up and looked at Henry, "Hey, buddy!" They hugged briefly, "How are you?" He asked.