Chapter 14

Flashback

Red Riding Hood and Anita were talking in the wolves den.

"Granny lied to me. That story about you being killed by hunters..." Red Riding Hood said.

"She's been lying to you ever since she stole you away from me when you were just a baby," Anita said.

"Why would she do that?" Red Riding Hood asked in surprise.

"Because she didn't want you to find out the truth about who you really are. She believed the wolf is something to be ashamed of. I see things differently. Humans want us to believe we're monsters. The moment you believe them... That's when you become one. You're not the first to learn the truth about yourself through tragedy. So many of us spent so much of our life suppressing the wolf. They have no idea how to control it. They just need help... Help to embrace their true nature. The only way you will ever control the wolf, is by accepting it as a part of you," Anita said.

"You can teach me to do that?" Red Riding Hood asked.

"Indeed, I can," Anita said.

"How?" Red Riding Hood questioned.

"You can start, by getting rid of that," Anita said as she eyed the red hood, Red Riding Hood removed her hood and they hugged.

End of Flashback

Storybrooke...

At the Sheriff's Department, David locked Ruby in one of the cells at the station with chains as Jefferson watched.

"I really don't like this," Jefferson said as he walked over.

"I know, but I feel safer, please, Jefferson. If Rose gets angry, I'll take her anger," Ruby said.

"You'll be safe in here tonight," David said.

"Thank you, David," Ruby said.

"Thank me in the morning. By then, I'll have found whoever really killed Billy," David said.

Albert walked in, "You already have," They looked at him and he pointed to Ruby, "That thing. That she-wolf," Albert said.

"Get out. Whatever issues you have with me, don't involve her. There's no proof Ruby had anything to do with what happened," David said.

"It seems to me, that you're allowing your emotions to cloud your judgement," Albert said.

"Leave him alone!" Ruby said.

"Protecting your friend at the peril of everyone else. I knew you'd slip up, shepherd, fungus picker. It was only a matter of time," Albert said.

"What do you want?" Jefferson asked.

"Justice. Hand that over to me, and let the town decide her fate," Albert said.

"Never. I know exactly what kind of justice you have in mind," David said.

"This town is bigger than you think. I start telling people that you're both putting their lives in danger to protect your own interests? You'll both have a mutiny on your hands," Albert said.

"Yeah, we'll see. You want her, you have to go through us," Jefferson said.

"I look forward to that," Albert said.