Chapter 34

Flashback: Storybrooke - 1983

At the mayor's house, Regina was having dinner with Kurt and Owen at the dining table.

"This is, uh, really delicious lasagna, isn't it, Owen?" Kurt said.

"Not really," Owen said.

"Owen," Kurt said.

"It's okay. I know I'm not the greatest cook unless it involves apples. Speaking of which," She looked at Owen, "How would you like to help me make turnovers for dessert? There's a bunch of apples sitting out in the sink. Why don't you go pick out some good ones?" Regina suggested and Owen got up, walking into the kitchen.

Kurt chuckled and Regina looked at him, "Owen is a bit of a free spirit. He gets it from his mom," Kurt said.

"Is she, uh, back in New Jersey? With the boss?" Regina said.

Kurt chuckled, "With the b... She, uh, she passed away six months ago," Kurt said.

"I'm sorry," Regina said.

"That's why I brought him here, actually. Thought that camping, new surroundings, maybe that'd help him take his mind off things, but..." Kurt said and sighed.

"I came here looking to start over, too. Hasn't turned out quite the way I'd hoped," Regina said.

"Why not?" Kurt asked.

"What good's a new life you don't have anyone to share it with?" Regina asked.

"Hey! I thought we were making dessert!" Owen called out.

♥🎩♥🎩♥🎩♥🎩♥🎩♥

Inside Regina's kitchen, both Regina and Owen were putting the apple turnovers into the over.

"Voila," Regina said.

"So how come you're not a mom?" Owen asked.

"Just didn't work out that way, I guess," Regina said.

"It's too bad. You'd be really good at it," Owen said.

"Thank you, Owen," Regina said with a smile.

"So... How much longer?" Owen asked.

Regina chuckled, "Patience. They're almost done... And how are you liking Storybrooke so far?" Regina asked.

"It's way better than New Jersey," Owen said.

"You don't miss your home? Your friends?" Regina asked.

"I hate it there. All the kids at my school treat me weird now," Owen said.

"Because of what happened to your mother?" Regina asked.

Owen nodded, "Nobody gets it. It's like..." Owen said.