Chapter 30

New York...

Rose Red, Emma, Henry, Mr Gold and Neal were walking back to Neal's apartment. Henry walked beside Mr Gold and Rose Red, "So, should I call you grandpa and auntie, now?" Henry asked.

"Call me whatever you'd like," Mr Gold said.

"I don't mind. I'm still your aunt, either way, kid... Aunt by blood and Great-Aunt by magic inflicted situation," Rose Red said.

"True... Aunt Rose, it is," Henry said.

"Awesome... I'm gonna be the cool aunt," Rose Red said.

"You're the only aunt," Mr Gold said.

"Exactly," Rose Red said with a playful smirk and Henry laughed.

Neal and Emma trailed behind them, "He's a good kid," Neal said.

"Yep," Emma said.

"Hey," He took hold of her arm and they stopped walking, "I'm trying my best here," Neal said.

"I know. We all are. It's just, we're going to have to go back. To our home," Emma said.

"I'm just getting to know him," Neal said.

"Then maybe... Maybe you should come with us," Emma said.

"To Storybrooke?" Neal said.

"I've seen your apartment. You don't have a lot going on here," Emma said.

"Looks can be deceiving," Neal said.

"Mhm, yeah definitely," Emma said.

"Listen... There's something I've been meaning to tell you... It's complicated," Neal said.

Henry walked to them, "So, Neal, do you think we can take the subway?" Henry asked.

"Yeah. Sure, of course. Let's go get that camera," Neal said.

They all arrived at the apartment building and entered the lobby, "Come on," Henry said.

"Here. I got it," Neal unlocked the door, he and Henry headed for the apartment, while Emma, Rose Red and Mr Gold stayed behind, "So after this, maybe Times Square?" Neal suggested as they walked up the stairs, he turned back to Rose Red, "Do you any tablets?" Neal asked.

"Actually, yeah," Rose Red said.

"Come on," Neal said and Rose Red followed after them.

Mr Gold looked at Emma, "So, uh, did you talk to him?" Mr Gold asked.

"He said it's complicated," Emma said.

"Oh, I see," Mr Gold said.

"Well, maybe he just needs some time. I don't know," Emma said.

Suddenly, Captain Hook ambushed them in the lobby, then knocked Emma to the ground. He lunged for Mr Gold and pinned him against the metal gate then stabbed him in the chest with his hook.

 He lunged for Mr Gold and pinned him against the metal gate then stabbed him in the chest with his hook