Chapter 37

At the pawnshop, Henry was surrounded by Rose Red, Jefferson, Giselle, Grace, Neal, Emma, Mary Margaret, David and Mr Gold. Henry blew out eleven candles on a cake and they cheered, clapping their hands.

Mr Gold leaned towards Henry, "And now, my boy, for your present. Pick one object from this shop. Anything you like," Mr Gold said as he gestured around the shop.

Henry walked around the shop a little looking around and pointed to a wand, "That," Henry said as he picked it up and waved it around.

"Alright, careful, buddy! Wands are powerful," Neal said.

Henry turned to Mr Gold, "So, how does it work?" Henry asked.

"Here. Let me show you," Mr Gold said.

Henry handed the wand to him, Mr Gold waved it through the air for a moment and with a flick of his wrist, he turned Henry into a statue.

"Henry!" Rose Red said.

"No!" Emma shouted.

"Papa!?" Neal shouted.

"What the hell?!" Giselle said.

"Are you insane?!" Jefferson said in anger.

"Gold, why would you do that?!" David asked in anger.

"The prophecy. The seer said the boy would be my undoing. So I have no choice. I must be his," Mr Gold said and took his cane, shattering the statue.

Suddenly, Mr Gold woke up with a jolt and quickly grabbed his phone, calling someone.

At the same time, Rose Red was laid in her bed beside Jefferson, who was drawing circles on her shoulder blade causing her to smile.

"I know you're awake," Jefferson said.

Rose Red turned over to looked at him, "Can't hide anything from you, can I?" Rose Red questioned.

"No, but it was fun watching you try last night, dear," Jefferson said.

"Was it?" Rose Red asked.

"Yeah, it was," Jefferson said with a smile.

Rose Red rolled over, straddling his lap and leaned down a little, she pecked his lips, as she pulled away they looked at each other, "What is it?" Rose Red asked.

"Sometimes I expect myself to wake up in Wonderland without you and Grace," Jefferson said.

"You're free from there. Cora is dead. You're home," Rose Red said.

"Doesn't feel real sometimes," Jefferson said.

"I know, I feel the same... You know I love you," Rose Red said as she looked at him.

 You know I love you," Rose Red said as she looked at him