Chapter 8

Flashback

Captain Killian, Giselle and the drunken crew have left the tavern and are walking through the streets. A disguised Rumpelstiltskin intentionally bumped into the pirate captain's arm to get his attention.

Captain Killian looked at the disguised Rumpelstiltskin, "Hey, you. Stop! Even gutter rats have more manners than you just displayed," Captain Killian said.

"Brother..." Giselle said.

"I-I'm so sorry, sir," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Ah..." Captain Killian noticed the scales like skin, "I was wrong, not a rat at all. More..." He glanced at his crew and Giselle then Rumpelstiltskin, "More like a crocodile," The pirate captain kicked him over while the crew cheered him on as Giselle rolled her eyes, "What's your name, Crocodile?" Rumpelstiltskin stood up and revealed his face, "You... I remember you," Captain Killian said.

"That coward, right?" Giselle said as she stood beside her brother.

"Always nice to make an impression. Where are my manners? We haven't been properly introduced, Rumpelstiltskin," Rumpelstiltskin bowed, "Or, as others know me," He looked up at Killian with a smirk, "The Dark One," The crew back away as Captain Killian pushed Giselle behind him instantly, "Oh! I see my reputation precedes me," Rumpelstiltskin said as he stood up straight.

"It does," Giselle said.

"Good! That's going to save us time during the, uh," Rumpelstiltskin walked around the pirate captain slowly, "Question and answer portion of our game," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"What is it you want to know?" Captain Killian asked him.

"How's Milah, of course?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"Who?" Captain Killian asked with a smirk.

"Only too happy to, uh, dig out the memory, but, it gets really messy," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"She's dead. Died a long time ago. What is it you want?" Captain Killian asked.

"We didn't get a chance to finish our duel," The pirate captain went to draw his sword as Giselle stepped back to the crew but Rumpelstiltskin stopped Captain Killian, "Not now. Tomorrow at dawn, I am not a cruel man, get your affairs in order," Rumpelstiltskin said.

 Tomorrow at dawn, I am not a cruel man, get your affairs in order," Rumpelstiltskin said

"Also, you spend tonight knowing, it will be your last. Maybe, I am cruel and don't think about trying to escape but I will find you and I will gut your entire crew like a fish," Rumpelstiltskin said.