the past

Ariana's POV

I don't know if coming here to see Mac was a good idea. I know it's something special for Y/n, but it breaks my heart when I remember everything.
When we reach his grave I can't help but break down crying on my knees. Y/n quickly gets down next to me and hugs me.
We stay like that for a few minutes. Flashbacks of the previous months of his dead running through my head making me cry harder.
- It's okay mama, he's still here with us. He's watching us from heaven right?
I smile as I remember that's what I used to tell her when she was a toddler.
I nod my head and look at her, tears running down her cheeks aswell.
- He is. And he's probably very sad with mommy, y/n... I did it all wrong.
I break down crying again, even harder than before.
- No mommy! Look at me, please!
I look at her and see how concerned she is. This little girl cares for me more than I did all these years for her.
- I forgive you mommy, and daddy does too. We both love you very much. You're changing, that's what matters the most... You're making up for those years, you realized what you did. Just don't leave me again, please?
She whispers the last part and my eyes go wide just by the thought of that.
- No babygirl, I'll never leave you again, I promise. You're my babygirl, I love you, just like I still love your dad. I love both of you, I don't know why I ignored you both all these years...
I hug her and put her on my lap, rocking us back and forth.

At home

I decided to sleep with Y/n tonight. Dalton and Alison are already home but I just want to stay close to Y/n after our visti to Mac.
- Y/n/n, can I sleep with you tonight?
I ask shyly which is odd cause she's my daughter.
- Uh, sure...
- Thanks.
I smile at her and lay down in bed, facing her.
- Night mom.
- Good night babygirl.
She closes her eyes and soon her breathing slows down as she's peacefully sleeping.
Me on the other hand, can't manage to fall asleep. I just stare at Y/n caressing her hair while thinking about what happened tonight.

Hey guys this chapter's short but the next one is supposed to be long

Lemme know what u think <3