Chapter 16- Meeting His Family (Part 4) Motherly Advice.... {Edited}

In the middle of the night, Keira walked down the stairs making sure her steps were unheard. She stayed in bed for a couple of hours, staring at the ceiling as Sean’s hand was on her belly and his light snored filled the room. She wasn’t annoyed that she couldn’t fall asleep, but she was very annoyed because she was hungry to the max. Her stomach was growling, clearly her baby was telling her something.

So as she got out of bed and changed her shorts for grey sweats and adding her purple slippers to go along with the bum look, she was now walking down the stairs and finally in the kitchen. Keira turned the small light on that only highlighted a small portion of the kitchen. She knew this was very ‘un-guest-like’ to go through their pantry but she was so hungry that she couldn’t wait for breakfast that was in a couple of hours.

She opened the pantry and searched for something, anything for her too eat.

"Keira?” 

At the sound of her name, Keira dropped a bag of pretzels and turned her head quickly to see who it was.

“Mrs. Miller,” she said sounding defeated.

“Sophia to you dear,” she told her. “It’s two in the morning. Are you ok?”

She came around the island and went to her. Keira pointed to the pretzels that were now scattered on the floor. She knew she wasn’t able to bend down and pick them up because of her new belly, so she wasn’t going to try.

Sophia gladly picked them up for her and laughed. “Midnight hunger?” She asked while discarding the contaminating ones.

“Yeah,” she answered. “I’m sorry Mrs. Mill-”

“Sophia.”

Keira hesitated. “Sophia. I should have asked before coming in here and-”

Sophia interrupted her again. She didn’t want to hear anything else. Although she just meet Keira yesterday and talked to her numerous times, she felt like she was one of her daughters. She was sure of it that Sean made the right decision when it came to choosing Keira. Her only wish was for him to actually marry her first before having kids, but she couldn’t be happier regardless.

“You’re practically family now Keira, you don’t have to ask to do anything,” she clarified. “Now what do you want to eat?”

“No, I’m okay. I was just going to eat these pretzels with some peanut butter,” she said.

Sophia grabbed the peanut butter out of the pantry and went to get her a small bowl and spoon. “If only Sean knew I was giving this to you, he would kill me,” she laughed.

“Of course he would,” Keira mumbled under her breath. She grabbed a pretzel, dipping it in peanut butter.

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

“Oh God,” she said covering her face with her hands. “I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t be talking bad about Sean in front of-”

“Nonsense,” Sophia laughed, dismissing her answer with a wave. “I raised that boy, so I know how bad he is and what he's capable of. Shoot.”

Keira was contemplating on tell her about Sean and Sophia saw it on her face. Isn't it rude of her to complain about her son to her. This definitely not the first impression that she want her to have.

“I don’t know,” Keira hesitantly began. “I just don’t know where we stand.”

“You are meeting his family dear,” Sophia said softly.