Chapter 9- Family Turbulence {Edited}

"You ready?" Sean asked Keira, while walking up to the door.

She nodded and knocked on the door. It opened immediately and Arin pulled her sister in. On the way, Keira had call her and her brother to meet both her and Sean at their parents house for a small family meeting.

"Are you ok?" Arin asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just nervous and stressed out," Keira said.

"Well don't worry about daddy. You know how he is sometimes. He'll get over it " Arin reminded her. "Hey Sean."

Sean gave her a hug. "Hey Arin, how are you?"

"Good, glad you guys are finally here," she said. "Everyone is in the family room."

Keira and Sean followed Arin to the room where everyone was located. When they arrived, her mother, Kamara walked to the couple and enveloped them in a hug.

She worried about Keira these couple of months. This was the first time that one of her children and husband were not speaking, let along being cordial to one another and it hurt her deeply.

"Keira," she whispered.

"Mom," Keira simply said.

Her stomach was doing backflips from being nervous. She been avoiding her father and at the expenses of her 'feeling', she could see it in her mothers eyes that she suffered not seeing her. Or updating her about her pregnancy.

Kamara grabbed her hand and guided her to the couch. She sat down next to her mother and with Sean on her right. Her brother and sister where on the couch across from them. Her father, Richard sat in the chair off to the left of her. His face was emotionless.

"So whats up sis?" Ronald asked.

Keira looked at Sean and saw love mixed in with encouragement in his eyes. Once again she knew he was their for her if things got crazy. 

"Well, we went to the doctor and-"

"Is everything alright?" Kamara interrupted.

"Everything is fine," Keira said. "Sean and I found out the sex of the baby."

The couple smiled at each other. Keira only hoped that her father was just as happy as she was. That he would forget about her and Sean's relationship and focus on what was more important.

Their son.

"Well..." Arin stated on the edge of her seat.

"It's a boy," Keira announced.

Kamara jumped out of her seat and clapped her hands. "Now we can talk about the baby shower," She ran out the room in search for a pen and paper.

"Mom," Keira laughed.

"Don't even try to stop her," Ronald chuckled. "Let her have get moment."

"Congrads you guys," Arin chimed in.

"And here I thought you two were finally coming to your senses," Richard grumbled. "Getting married now is the best solution."

"Dad," Keira whined.

"You guys are getting married and that's final! Your putting the company in jeopardy!"

"No!" Keira yelled.

"No?" Her dad asked in disbelief.

Keira wasn't backing down. She never, not once, talked to her father this way, but she wasn't going to let him choose the life that he thought she should live. She was grown, and adult. She had a mind of her on and she was going to use it.