Chapter 26: Another Step to Recovery! {Edited}

After he told his mom to call the police, Sean found Keira on their bathroom floor with her head in the toilet bowl emptying her stomach. He got down on his knees and rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. When she was done, Sean wet a washcloth and dabbed her forehead gently before wiping her mouth. He couldn’t describe how much he loved her because words itself didn’t express exactly what he felt. He never had a relationship where he could man up and say that he loved someone and was in love with them also.

He had to admit that when he was in a relationship with Sasha, he did love her, but never did he fall in love with her. Maybe that was another reason why he took the job in New York City to explore his options. But those options went south when they got into that dispute and when he met Keira at the club that night. It had been almost nine months already and he didn’t regret a single thing.

He saw that Keira was looking up at him. “I want to see Micah,” she whispered.

Sean was surprised at her revelation. After she purposely didn’t want to see Micah that day in the hospital, he had an idea that it would be awhile before she came around. When he brought Keira home, every day since then, Sean went to the hospital to see if their son was healing well. He would always asked Keira if she wanted to go and she never responded back to him.

All he could do was smile back at her and raise his hand to push back the strands of hair that fell in her face. “I can take you tomorrow afternoon,” he told her. “You can have quality time with Micah for as long as you want.”

 Keira shook her head in disagreement. “I want you to be there,” she said.

As if his smile could get any bigger, it did. She was starting to come around and that was the only thing Sean wanted at this moment. He also knew that this was just the beginning. Together they reached their lowest points and things could only get better. Sean was of course going to stay by her side and help her through it all. He had no complaints if they had to wait to get married just to help Keira through this difficult time. Well, right now, he didn’t even know if she still wanted to get married.

Keira signed and held her head down, trying to avoid from looking at him. “I’m so sorry Sean,” she apologized, a barely audible whisper. Sean heard her loud and clear. “I didn’t mean to blame you, I don’t know where that came from. I was just so mad but I wasn’t upset with you. I was mad at myself and... shit. I don’t know. At first when I found out I was pregnant, I was scared. I didn’t want a child right now and I had certain doubts that you would eventually just leave.”

Sean was about to interrupt but Keira held her hand up to signal him to not. “But as the days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. I grew a bond with Micah. I would just about everyday remind him that I love him,  that I would always be there for him no matter what and if his father was to leave I would never.

“When your mother asked me if I loved you, I told her, ‘A easy question but a complicated  answer’. But it wasn’t complicated, I knew I loved you so much Sean, it was just difficult to tell you because I was afraid. But I’m not afraid anymore,” Keira smiled through her tears. “When I woke up after the incident, I thought I lost him. To have bond with my baby and have him snatched away from me like that. I almost lost it. When you said he wasn’t harm, I was so relieved. I could have prevented it from happening-”