Chapter 22: Part 2- Mistakes & Worries {Edited}

Kamara stormed into her house and slammed the garage door in Richard’s face. She had been upset with him since he force Keira and Sean to get married but held her tongue, but for the past couple of weeks she had enough. Today just added fuel to the fire. He was definitely in the dog house.

Jogging up the stair to their bedroom, she went to her closet and began to change to get ready for bed. Although she couldn’t sleep when her daughter was in the hospital.

“Kamara?” Richard shouted.

He didn’t know what to do. He tried apologizing many times to Kamara but she didn’t want to hear it. She was fed up with his childish ways toward their daughter.

He followed her into the closet and stood behind her. “How many times do I have to apologize, I didn’t know that she would get attacked.”

“All of this could have been avoid if you didn’t force her to leave!” Kamara screamed at him, while putting on her pajamas.

“I didn’t force her out.” Richard said calmly. “I just told her that Sean and I had a lot of work to do, since she decided to up and quit.”

Kamara turned around quickly and stood in front of Richard. “Don’t try to run rings around me!” She hissed. “You know what that means, you were implying that she had to leave, which she did and got attack. And you knew she was going to quit sooner or later because of the way you have been treating her.”

“That’s not true!” Richard disagreed.

“It is true and you know it!” Kamara pointed her finger at him. “You have been treating Keira like she is some random person out on the streets and she isn’t. She is our daughter. The media and Black Diamond treats her more with respect and love than you have been treating her these last couple of months. I get that you don’t want her to make the same mistake we did but you're acting just like our parents and-”

“That's not true,” Richard roared and came closer to his wife of many years.

Kamara didn’t back down. “It is, you just can’t see it and it amazes me that you said you will never follow in the footsteps of you father but I guess that changed.”

Shaking his head in disbelief, Richard was stun. “I can’t believe you,” he whispered.

“Well believe it!” Kamara snapped.

She left Richard in the closet and climbed in bed. She faced away from the spot that he slept in. This had to be one of the most intense and worst arguments that the two was having in a long time. Richard didn’t want to go to bed being mad at each other. It just didn’t sit well with him.

“Kamara, I’m sorry,” he sighed, rubbing his hand over his tired face.

“You can save all 'your sorry' because your are telling them to the wrong person,” she didn’t look at him. Kamara was trying to control her anger from getting more extreme.

Hoping that he would leave the room and not sleep next to her, she got her wish. He grabbed an extra pillow and a blanket from the closet and forced himself downstairs. Richard didn’t want to leave Kamara mad but he knew he needed to give her time. Like always. When she’s mad he had to leave her alone so she can recuperate to her normal self.

He was having a hard time falling asleep. His daughter was on his mind he just felt like a total jackass for what he put her through and also Sean. What Kamara said was true. He was starting to become his dad and make the same mistakes as he did. He had to nip it in the butt before it could get any worst than what it was. Keira was in the hospital because of him. Kamara blamed him, Sean did too and there was no doubt in his mind that Keira did too. Sorry wasn’t going to be enough to get his daughter back.

“What have I done,’ Richard cried.

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keira continued to squirm in her hospital bed and her breathing became uneasy. Sean knew that she was having a bad dream and he wanted to wake her up but she had to be extremely tired. It was past visiting hours but Sean refused to leave her side. Dr.Jones told him that he could stay the night with her because Keira might have a hard time sleeping because it was her first night.

He wasn’t lying.

Sean was so busy looking at Keira that he didn’t realize that Dr.Jones was observing the two. “It’s her first night, so it’s to be expected,” he said. “She’ll be fine and hopefully she will be release less that seventy-two hours.”

“What about Micah?” Sean asked.

“Micah did well in surgery, but he still is having trouble breathing on his own. So we are going to keep him in a incubator for maybe a week or two just to make sure. His is weak right now, but only time will tell.” Looking away from the doctor, Sean didn’t want him to see his face as tears began to stream like a river. He was hopeless. “I know that look and it’s not your fault and the worst is over. Sean, Keira and Micah are fine. I give you my word,” he promised Sean.

He nodded his head and wiped away the tears. “I have to be strong for Keira,” he said more to himself.

“Did the police show up yet?” Dr. Jones asked, slightly changing the subject.

“Yea,” he replied. “Two officers showed up just after everyone left but Keira was sleep so they just took my statement. They’ll be back tomorrow for hers.”

Dr. Jones shook his head and put his hand on Sean’s shoulder. “If you want to see Micah you can.”

“I don’t want to see him until Keira can,” Sean sadly said. “I think it’s only right that we see him together.”

“Alright, I’m officially done for the day, but I will be here first thing in the morning to check on both Keira and Micah.”

“Thanks again Dr.Jones,” Sean mentioned.

The doctor nodded his head in Sean’s direction and strolled over to the door and exited. Sean went over to Keira’s bedside and sat down. He reached for her hand and held it in his. All he wanted to do was switch places with her. He would be the one in the hospital bed in a heart beat. Squeezing her hand lightly, Sean looked down at Keira and notice that she was looking at him.

“Hey,” he smiled sadly at her.

“Where’s Micah?” She asked him.

“Micah is doing ok, he’s still in NICU,” Sean told her. “You’ll be able to get out in a could of days.”

He wanted to change the subject to hopefully something more positive. Yes, Micah was doing ok, but right now he was not one hundred percent healthy.

“And Micah?” She pressed.

Sean took a deep breath. “A week, two tops,” he replied. He watched as she closed her eyes and looked back up at him. “Go back to sleep Keira. I’m not going anywhere.”

After a while and staring back at Sean, Keira fell back into a deep sleep. This time, peacefully and without the nightmares. Before she closed her eyes, Sean saw something in them that he couldn’t quite understand but she was tired and so was he to be taking about something that wasn’t important. He just hoped that tomorrow was a better day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Nothing really important to say this week. I do have two exams this week.

Tell me your thoughts about the other half of chapter 22! Next chapter shall be more interesting.

Comment

Vote

&& Fan;)

~Vicky xoxo