Chapter 1- Consequences {Edited}

2 months later....

Kiera got off the elevator and dragged herself to her office. Sunglasses basically stamped to her face, she avoided eye contact with everyone. Once she got to her office, she slammed the door and went to her desk. She put her head down and closed her eyes in hoping that the nausea would subside. After several minutes of rest, she began to do her work.

Hours of cross checking facts, spelling, grammar and approving articles, Keira was feeling exhausted. She sighed and put the articles in their appropriate folders. A knock on the door stopped her from doing anything further.

"Come in," she commanded. All Keira wanted to do was go home and sleep. She truly wasn't feeling good and didn't know why. Going home early was what she planned to do.

The door opened and Lacey stepped through the door. She took one glance at her bestfriend and knew something was wrong.

"Oh my God Keira! Are you ok?" She asked. "You look awful."

"Thanks for the compliment,"Keira replied sarcastically.

"The new executive editor is here. Do you just want to go home and I'll show him the ropes?" She offered.

Keira cursed herself about forgetting. She couldn't go home now since it was her duty to get the new executive editor acclimated to the workplace.

"No, bring him in," she said, sitting back down. She took several deep breath while Lacey brought the new guy in. For the past several months, things been going haywire in the office and not to mention about three weeks ago she's been feeling sick. She was all of a sudden sensitive to certain smells, feeling very fatigue, and her breast started to...

"No," Keira gasped to herself. It all hit her at once. "I can't be. I haven't had sex since-"

"Here he is. Sean Miller," Lacey introduced.

Keira slowly raised her head and made eye contact with the person that she said she would never see again. Even far away from each other she could smell the same cologne he had on that night. She jumped out of her seat, covering her mouth and stomach with her hands, and dashing to her small bathroom that was in her office. After emptying all the content out of her stomach into the toilet, she got up and went to the sink to splash some water in her face. When she looked through the mirror above the sink, she saw a worried Lacey and a confused Sean standing in the doorway.

Keira giggled and grabbed a towel off the rack next to the sink. "The chicken salad I had for lunch must have upset my stomach." She opened the mirror cabinet and took out some mouthwash.

After getting herself together, they all went back to her office. "Are you sure you don't want to go home," Lacey asked with concern.

"I'm fine. Just a little upset stomach," Keira said. "Let's get you acclimated to the environment," she gestured to Sean with a wide smile.

                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~