🌑 Chapter Fourteen

Tsurara's POV:

While I was walking my way to the Nishikigoi district, it was formerly ruled by my mother, I couldn't help but smile as I remember my experience with the people in the place.

Arawashi Family, a clan of stall-keepers and yakuza who provide financial backing for the Nura Clan, gave me quite a hard time back then. They rejected me as their leader after Rikuo-sama entrusted me the district.

I worked really hard to earn their trust and soon they came to see that I'm not just a simple girl. I'm of a higher rank yokai and I deserve respect. I know I still have got a lot to learn on how to act as a leader, but I fully understand how to stand as one.

It took a while, but now I can confidently say that I got their backs and they've got mine too. We should work harmoniously as a team and we've been doing good so far. I'm proud of us.

I noticed the district was a bit noisy when I got there. Is there an occasion I'm forgetting or?

"How is my beautiful daughter? I was worried this place has become abyss, but it looks like you've got everything covered. Everyone's happier than they've ever been under my rule. I'm so proud of you, Tsurara."

I turned around and saw my mother already with open arms. Is it too childish to jump and hug your mother in the middle of a district? Maybe, but I don't care.

"Mother! I've been very good, but I missed you--"

"We've seen each other not weeks ago, you dramatic doll. I missed you too. ", I didn't see her face because of the hug, but I'm sure she was smiling like I am as she said that.

"Oh no... Now you've reminded me of that embarrassing thing you asked me to do!", I released myself from the hug, covering my flushed face.

"You get to the point fast, that's my daughter for you. So when do you think you'll do it? I'll be around for three days, so you better start moving.", my mother says like her words were the law.

"How am I supposed to steal a kiss from Rikuo-sama? That should be illegal to even think about of trying... We haven't really been talking much, lately. I don't want him to distance himself from me further. "

"The young master? Ignoring my sweet baby? I can hardly believe. I'll go with you when you return to the main house and see this situation of yours for myself."