🌑 Chapter Nine

Tsurara's POV:

Everyone watched as the ball flew from player to player, waiting patiently till someone scores a goal. At first, I thought I would find watching them practice boring, but because Shima-kun was kind enough to help me understand at least some of the basics...I'm honestly amazed by the sport.

I also learned that calling football 'football' can be quite confusing to others because some people call it 'soccer'. He told me I can always use which term I feel more comfortable with.

Now, getting to the real part...I nudged master--I mean, Rikuo-kun. He turned to me and I asked, "What if we actually see a yokai here? I could do something about it, but then, everyone would see."

"If anything happens, I want you to take everyone away from here safely. I'll be the one to handle it.", he answered with firmness. As I was about argue, we heard the players make some noise in the field. Some were telling Shima-kun to 'finish it' and he kicked the ball just a few centimeters above the goal keepers' head. Everyone would agree it was a clean goal.

Well, it was...for most of who weren't paying attention to small details. For me though, there was something off.

"I didn't think it would actually appear...", Rikuo-kun whispered to my right ear and it sent chills down to my spine, which would be a pretty normal thing because of his action. It was odd for someone like me, however. I'm a yuki-onna type and it was my first time having to experience that.

I decided to shrug it off for now and think about it later because clearly there's a yokai in the wide open. I should start evacuating the bleachers with our friends.

"Erm, I need to use the restroom, but I don't want to go there by myself.", I said aloud, setting aside any embarrassment I should be feeling.

Luckily, everyone agreed to accompany me and Kiyotsugu-kun said he could use a toilet break as well.

We stood up and went towards the exit, but before I lose sight of Rikuo-kun...I made sure that he saw me mouth a quick 'Please be safe!"