🌑 Chapter Eighteen

Tsurara's POV:

"Let me help you clean the house, Tsurara nee-san!"

"Thank you. I could really use some help, Shouei-kun."

We finished cleaning in no time and he extended his offer when I told him I'll be off to do the laundry. Having someone do the chores with you really saves a lot of work. I let out a satisfied sigh after hanging the last bed sheet.

"Can I just say, you're really neat, Shouei-kun. Knowing that makes me happy.", it really does. I like it when things are clean and neat, so knowing someone, who takes sanitary seriously as well feels nice.

"We're a lot more similar than you think.", he replied in a hush tone. I didn't think about it too much, he might just be shy for being neat or the fact that he does a good job with household chores.

"Anyways, I'll be off to prepare dinner for everyone now. Thanks again for the help. I feel like I might bother you again, next time."

"You are never a bother to me, Tsurara nee-san. I can't wait for dinner.", I only nodded and went my way to the kitchen.

"Can I request something, Tsurara?", it was surprising to find Rikuo-sama in the kitchen. Turns out he wanted me to make him some onigiris, luckily, we still have a box of umeboshi im the fridge. Zen-san ordered everyone a box each, this morning. I haven't eaten mine, since Shouei-kun and I got busy with chores for the day.

"I remember Tanuki-san gifted us loads of fatty tuna, let's make onigiris for everyone!", Wakana-sama exclaimed.

Just when we were finishing up, for some reason, my mind goes back to that one time Rikuo-sama said he wanted to share his meat bun with me. Maybe the shape of the onigiris reminded me, I wasn't really sure why--

Oh no. I think I now get why.

It was around this time when something like that happened

It was around this time when something like that happened. I could feel blood rush to my cheeks at the memory.

"No, no. That was only his way of sharing because he felt bad there was no more left meat buns for me. Yeah, that's how it is. What's with my mind playing with me, right now?", I mumbled to myself as we began setting up the table.

I felt Kojoro-san poke me on my side, making me turn to her. She asked if there was anything wrong and I told I just was fine. Even though I wasn't, I didn't want to worry her about it.