🌑 Chapter Four

Shouei's POV:

I was sat by the entrance of the Nura Main House, staring blankly at the gate. Why? I don't know why either.

It's been a routine of mine since I've began staying here. The unnecessary noises and calls for celebration in almost every corner makes it less lonely. I go back home on weekends to take care of my old man's bonsai garden.

I hung my head down, letting out a weak sigh to think how he's gone in a flash of an eye. The footsteps coming straight towards me didn't register. I looked up only to catch a pair of icy blue eyes already staring at me.

"Good evening, Shouei-kun.", Tsurara nee-san greeted with a smile...or should I say the "human" Tsurara? I still cannot see why she always had to change her hair and eye colour when going out. They're just fine the way they are. I know the real colours look different, but that's what makes them more beautiful.

"Good evening, Tsurara nee-san. Let us go inside.", I offered to help her carry the paper bags full of what seemed like ingredients for dinner.

"You seem to come home earlier than usual recently. Did something happen at school?", I asked. She just softly giggled and if that made my heart skip a beat, no one has to know.

"Nothing at all. Rikuo-sama ordered me to always go home before him to prepare dinner.", she replied.

"I was only worried for nothing, then...", I couldn't help but whisper to myself. She asked something about what I said, but I told her that it could just be her imagination.

She headed straight to the kitchen to prepare dinner and I was left standing alone in the hallway. The excited noises coming from the dinning room didn't help and made me feel alone even more.

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "What are you doing, standing here all by yourself? Is everything okay?", the voice didn't make me feel worse. It was who the voice belongs to.

Maybe deep down, I knew Rikuo had feelings for Tsurara nee-san as well. Deep down, I knew he always had the advantage to be with because she serves him.

I just gave him a short reply, saying that I was only getting hungry and he admitted that he was already starving. Not later then, the dinner was served. As usual...everything was prerfectly frosted, which just works fine for me.

I've always been wanting to keep the food she makes forever, but that's just impossible. With this though, I can appreciate the beauty of my dinner for a bit longer before the ice melts and I finally have to eat everything.