🌑 Chapter Six

This update is dedicated to zekhali 💕

Shima's POV:

"You're just in time, Shima-kun!", called Kiyotsugu-kun as I entered our classroom.

"Right in time for what?", I asked before pulling a chair by a random desk.

"The day bleeds anytime now and you know what that means...", right. I almost forgot that our little Kiyojūji squad is still active.

Kiyojūji Paranormal Investigation Patrol Squad. Once you become a member, you'll always be a member. That's just how it is. There's no exit door or in my eyes, Kiyotsugu-kun won't give you any chance to quit.

I don't know why though, but the thought of leaving has never crossed my mind. Probably because Kiyotsugu-kun is my childhood friend? Probably because getting ourselves into danger seems so thrilling? Probably because I'm comfortable with everyone in our small circle?

Probably all that, but Oikawa-san is definitely the reason I'm staying. I've been crushing on her since 5th grade. I was already contented with stealing glances at her on the side lines. I wasn't really a popular kid, just an average. She was the opposite, always have been above average.

That used to be my whole story, I guess? I was barely in the background kind of guy...till 7th grade happened.

I'm talking about it like it's decades ago when in reality it was just a year ago. So many things had happened and now we're all in 8th grade. I'm so glad we survived.

"I might've to pass this opportunity to come with tonight.", I said, giving Kiyotsugu-kun an apologetic smile.

"Ah, I see. Just don't slack off on your practice or I won't let you get away like this ever again.", I couldn't help but smile at that. We both knew I would never.

The classroom door opened, revealing Nura-kun and the others. It felt like that was my cue.

"I think I saw your teammates warming up in the field already. Why are you still here? Go out there and kick some balls!", Maki pushed me off the room. I found her choice of words quite funny, not gonna lie.

A faint "Practice well, Shima-kun." came out of someone's lips, but I heard that. Oh no, the team will tease me loads when they see the look on my face later.

"There's no way I can hide how wide my smile is now.", I mumbled to myself as I ran towards the locker room to change into my jerseys.

Shima
17

It was a simple print on my back, but it held every pride I have in me. I entered the field and greeted our gaffer. He told me to go and warm up with the others.

"Ohhhh is it too cold out here or you're just too hot in there? Your cheeks are the same shade of tomatoes, mate.", the captain pointed out, making everyone look at me and notice.

The lights turned on simultaneously all over our green field, letting us realize that the sun has set and the moon has now taken over.