🌑 Chapter Nineteen

Shouei's POV

It's been two weeks since this whole quarantine thing started. Everything pretty much stayed the same. Celebration every now and then. People here sure likes to party quite a lot.

Though few of the higher ranks are becoming restless, I can't really blame them. They're used to traveling all the time. Checking up on their territories. Spreading fear the Nura Clan way.

"I hate myself and my ice making abilities!"

Tsurara nee-san sighed, looking down at the afternoon snacks she made for everyone. They were all perfectly frosted--just the usual really.

"It's winter, it's only natural for your abilities to be acting up more than you like."

"I know and this is my most favourite season of all, but now everyone's gonna complain about the food I make again. I really tried my best and everything all just comes to waste... That upsets me."

I wanted to lift her mood so much that I haven't had the chance to filter what I was about to say.

"Clearly not everyone because I never even once complained about them getting frosted. They're beautiful. "

And I slipped right then and there. Great job, self. Now she'd think you're an odd one.

"Frosted? You should have your eyes checked, Shouei-kun.", she shook her head, waving her hands as if I just told her something impossible. "Thanks though. I think I'm better now."

"I didn't just say that to cheer you up, I meant every word of it. You don't seem to understand the difference of frozen and frosted despite being a Yuki Onna yourself. Whenever you don't mean to use your abilities, frost happens. It's like a thin protective ice that reserves whatever it covers. No damage is ever done. Sure it takes some time to melt, but it doesn't make anything bad. Your efforts were never wasted. Please don't hurt yourself anymore about this."

I watched her bring her hands onto her face, blushing from cheeks to the tip of her ears. The sight was beautiful. I'm falling deeper in love, if that's even possible.

"Shouei-kun, thank you. I never thought someone would appreciate my ice like this. This means so much to me. You care so much, the world doesn't deserve you."

"I love you. "

"What?"

"I meant to say, I don't deserve you!"

"Okay."

"Yeah."