🌑 Chapter Twelve

Shima's POV:

After our last class for the day, Kiyotsugu-kun told us to 'evacuate' immediately. Apparently, he heard of something about a virus spreading around the town and cancelled the mission he had planned for after school. I have no practice today, so I just went up to the rooftop.

The whole campus was dead silent and I knew everyone took the news seriously. I didn't pay attention earlier when Kiyotsugu-kun was rambling on about how deadly this virus was.

Maybe staying for half an hour here wouldn't hurt anyone?

"Look, Mum! I did it!", I yelled out loud, waving both hands to the sky.

Happy was an understatement. I was hoping so bad that Oikawa-san would pay attention because I had let my guard down to tell her everything. I was completely defenseless as a word after word kept coming out from my mouth. That was it. All this whole time, it felt like I have been carrying a lot of weight in my heart. I have been keeping this massive feeling in my heart and I couldn't anymore. I had to tell her and I did.

She didn't speak and she didn't have to. I didn't ask her for anything. I just had to let everything out. Let her know how important she was for me. It was my biggest achievement--and I felt relieved.

I miss my mother. I know if she was still here, she'd tease me loads and push me to learn doing cheesy things to woo the girl I just confessed my heart to. I know she'd be proud of me too.

I know she won't hear this, but I still shout a message...so I'm not alone. She'll never know how much I miss her, how much I wish it was me.

I took one last look at the sky and smiled, "I'll see you again."

As I walked towards the rooftop door, I noticed a small piece of paper on it.

My knees felt weak and I fell down...

"I'm sorry. -Tsurara"

My heart felt weak and I shut down...