🌑 Chapter Sixteen

Rikuo's POV:

After some quick catching up with Gyuuki, I decided it was a nice day to idle on my favourite spot.

As I was enjoying my time on the branch of our cherry blossom tree, my legs comfortably dangling like any other day, I felt this odd cold breeze that only brushes my skin when Tsurara comes home... stressed?

"This is a serious matter, dear. Either you steal a kiss from him or I will for you.", I'm sure I just heard Setsura, Tsurara's mother, say that sternly.

I watched the mother and daughter have a small staring competition by the pond. The tree was just beside the said pond, so I got the first row view. I swear I could totally hear them throwing arguments during this silence.

I assume Tsurara lost from the slight drooping of her eyes. I don't know how I knew she'd faint, but the next second my arms were around her waist and she was softly snoring.

When I looked down her, scanning every part of her face only to stare irrationally long at her lips...I found myself leaning closer and closer till my lips were on hers for a brief moment.

"I-I'm honestly speechless.", Setsura breathes out and that was more than enough to make me realize what I have just done. I just stole a kiss from her daughter in front of her--WAIT

"She doesn't have to steal a kiss from me, I already give kisses to her.", my night self handled the situation for me and I could only form a smile in a futile effort to stop the blood rushing on my cheeks with that statement.

"O-oh, I see. I'll leave my daughter in your care, then. I know that everyone has their own timeline, but I do hope you start giving her such kisses when she's aware and conscious. She doesn't deserve being left in the dark... ", Setsura whispers in a soft tone, coldness from earlier long gone.