18. Only if I Could :

In Panchal:

Karn was left with no choice rather than accompanying Duryodhan and Dushasan along with Shakuni. Even though he had received invitation regards to swayamvar, he was not fascinated to attend it. Besides he was totally into the girl in his dreams. Indescribably pleasing, unconventional beauty which is something that he couldn't fully understand, but he still think that person is wonderful. A women, rather a still young girl who makes him smile.Someone with an exceedingly gorgeous external appearance, with a heart of gold, sweet as can be forgiving nature, who's eyes sparkle, and who's smile lights up a room,glooming like Moon,  something that leaves him in awe and wonder reminding him of pure and utter perfection.

"Not participating?"

"Well, What do you want to hear? Truth or Lies?"

"I don't think you can Lie to me! Besides one must not say lies"

"Mithr, Fine then, I am not participating"

"Care to tell the reason? Besides you have got the Invitation letter too. And neither you are married yet"

"Er..I.. Actually I have feelings for someone else"

"What? How come? When did you just meet her? What's her nam.."

"Hold on.hold on. I have never met her up-to-date. Also I don't even know her name. Neither who she is.I know nothing about her...I didn't even saw her face.But one thing is Obvious that she brings smile everytime I see her in my dreams"

"Wait..What ? You never met...Neither you know her name..Nor saw her face. Leave all that.. you .. you met her in your dreams? Are you kidding me?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Then are you alright. You have lost your mind completely"

"No. I have not. I lov..I like her. If I am Sun, then she surely is Moon. That's why I am asking you , don't force me to participate"

"Well, You have promised to participate if I fail to do win her"

"But Mithr"

"No buts. After hearing your story, I feel like you are insane now completely. Insanity was First imprinted in you when the Pandava...well you know. Now this thing all adds to your insanity. You always keep your promise. Remember?"

"I Do. Let's go to the arena" said Karn "And try to Keep Mamashree Shakuni out of these things. Or else he tries to manipulate you again " Karn mumbled.

"That's good to hear. Well what were you saying lastly..."

"It's ... let's just leave"

"Ok"
___________________________________________________________________________

"Oh goddess! Just look at her, she looks irresistibly alluring!" Dushasan said like a fool, drooling over Draupadi's beauty.

"Rajkumar Dushasan, Don't you seem like forgetting that it's your brother's going to be wife, more than that she is a women who needs to be respected. So mind your words or else you will have to face the consequences!" Karn's reply made Dushasan instantly quite.

__________________________________________

Dhristadyumna announced the task for swayamvar. The challenge was to pierce the eye of a revolving fish, which was erected on a pole, by looking at the reflection in a water filled vessel. The bow was a heavy one, and very few could lift it. Dhristadyumna announced that whosoever can bend the bow and pierce the eye of the fish, may marry Draupadi.

Many dignitaries, who hoped to win Draupadi's hand were present. Duryodhan was present along with Karna. Shri Krishna was also present. Kings of Kosala, Madra, and Chedi were also present in the Swayamvar.And last, but not the least, the Pandavas were also present at the swayamvar, but in guise of Brahmins. No body knew that they were alive except for Karna and participating in this event.