26. What !!

Mamashree Shakuni.. Hah. He's angry, cautious and conceited. But there's more than this to somebody with his unsettling past.

He was born and grew up in a Royal class family in a normal capital, he lived happily until he was about 13 years old, but at that point life changed.

He lost his parents and was headed for a life of crime. While obstructed by many he had to survive in a cruel world. But with his fighting skills and cunning, he managed to go beyond expectations and remain out of reach of danger. This has turned him into the man he is today.

With the skills learned in the past, he now works perfecting skills and talents. By doing so, he hopes to find some form of redemption and finally find stability and security he has never had. He has took a path to destroy the whole Kuru clan. I don't know how I am going to change this past, I don't even know how I am struck here?, Why I am here?, If I ask something about my tasks bhratha always says wobbled statements, and now he even says That I should not reveal my identity, that I am from Dwaraka. Who knows what lies beneath. Although I am not getting what to do next, all I can do is pray that, everything will be right at the end. Is it beginning or end?. I don't know..

But still there is a hope. I know I must save destruction, but to irony I was trained as Warrior to stop the War being myself a healer, doctor. How funny is it?. People call me Doctor of time. As if I have done a greater good, even Karn and Ashwatthama too are Mocking my title, they say that I don't belong here. I know I don't belong here, but still I don't Think I am a Nymph. Or am I ?. That, I don't know. All I know now is nothing. Atleast I know that. I want to clear this to them, I had tried it many times, in this two months journey. I don't want titles, I just want to help people, heal people, save people. It's like my democratic rule for me. But I can't sum up the title Doctor of time...

"Oh god we are struck in this Desert, what to say, even time is mocking with me" , I shout.

"Thank god somebody knows where we are" says Ashwatthama out of frustration. "Can I ask you something?" He asks. "Yes" I reply.

"Who are you? And What are you?"

" What kind of question is this? You don't know who I am?Are you kidding me?"

"No I am serious. Who are you Vrushali. I mean Princess Vrushali?"

"What is this Mithr. You have question along with answer. She is a Princess" Karn says.

"It is not what I want as answer" he says.

"I'm human. I swear." I please him.

"You are Not!" He snaps at me. "Humans can't do that".

"Can't do what?" Karn questions.

"They can't do. . . Women especially in the world or whatever Don't know how to read, write, and have this severe knowledge on Healing, And most of all They can't be Warrior. . . I mean they can but how can she-"

Fine, They can and will Eventually do all those things which Now I am able to do and more than that.I wanted to say but didn't.
" But you are a not a human too. Are you?" I ask.

"Do you have doubt? Then who I am?" He asks.

"You're ... A . . . A half human to be specific." I reply.

"So are you implying that I'm a half alien?" He clinks.

"Not implying. I'm Saying it. Yes you are a demi-god. You know it better" I answer.

"Fine. I agree, but who are y..."

"I'm Sister of Bhratha Krishna. That's all I know. Now figure it yourself. It's upto you, that who I'm" I cut in rather a serious way.

"I will, when I get back to Panchal." He says, "Wow. The stars sure are beautiful" He says.

"We're lost in a wasteland." Karn says.

"Well, excuse me for looking on the bright side." Ashwatthama says. All of us burst into instant laughter.

"That was funny " he says again.

"Now stop joking. And Shall. . .Shall I open the book?" I say when my memory flashes all the obstacles we gone through to Take the key from one of the presumed to be dead brothers of Mamashree Shakuni.

"What are you waiting for" Karn assures me.

I opened the book by inserting the key. I know that only truth can be written in it. If an untruth or mistake is written, the book will change past/present/future to make it happen true. I go through the book, while researching the family tree, I came across a name that has been blacked out. I show them that. And continue to read till reach it's important message,

"Mirrors and water are a door to another dimension, and you can cross through them if you are in a right place at right time and if you deserve to." I stop, it hits me harder, that's how and why I entered this era I mutter. And continued to read.

"It's a weapon, that, if ever used, can alter the course of history as we know it. It is a instrument of unparalleled destructive power that no single man should ever wield."

I let out a huge sigh. And at the last page again damnit there is a riddle which I read out aloud.

"One for sorrow
Two for Joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy
Five for a silver
Six for a gold
Seven for a secret
Not to be told
Nine for a Kiss
Ten for a Bird
You must not miss
Eleven for Wealth
Thirteen Beware
It's the devil who has a heir."

"What" we all scream in fear looking each other's face.

I finish the last lines filled with fear. The terror mounted every step we took next. We decided not to talk openly and let's meet at Hastinapur to find the real things out. Panic surged through all of us, our legs wobble with fear and we sweat with shiver. And the mystery is still unsolved.